AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Freshman 15 - 01.08.09

Interviewed by
Freshman 15 - 01.08.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Freshman 15 Atlanta, Georgia [myspace]

1. How did you get your band name?

We were originally called Xzamen. We actually found a rapper in Argentina with the same name so decided to change it, we think its funny for people...mainly girls to get fat in college! We are all fat and stupid so we are really making fun of ourselves.

2. How did this band get started?

We started like a lot of other band by playing covers at high school talent shows. We covered Blink's All The Small Things and SR-71's Right Now...we won by the way! (What's up Longhorns gift card?!)

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Blink 182, NFG, Relient K, Rufio, Sherwood, The Starting Line, Saves The Day, Alkaline Trio...and I don't speak for the rest of F-15 on this...but I'm in love with Regina Spektors weird ass...for realz.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?

If we could go back in time and put together the Blink 182, NFG, Midtown show I'd kill to play it! And when Midtown reunites...we are going on that tour.. I'm holding Gabe at gun point! I like crazy colors too! He'll be down. We will tour with anyone we love to tour... that's why we are here!

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?

A wiener dog so I can put myself into a butt dog or dogs butt....

6. Why should people listen to your band?

They shouldn! They should probably find good and talented bands to listen to. haha JK fools!! Because we are fun and we play music we truly love and that's what its all about! And we never take ourselves seriously....

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?

Ummm wow... Probably any of our songs would be too easy to make it to the game... so it wouldnt be a problem... we could be a training song... you know when God tells you to hit one note every 8 measures...that's actually our song from our full length...Itunes that shit!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Our Grammies.... Every person to ever listen, like, help out, or even say "Hi, you guys are awesome! By the way, are you gay!" to our band. And probably Timbaland for doing those phat remixes for us...REPRESENT holmes!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

Ungrateful people who have it all. We have met bands and people in our experience in this band who have it all but don't even realize how lucky they are. Even if you have had it all handed to you and you're grateful for your success... It's all good! If you are a dick... then you suck hard...which is cool most of the time...but not in this instance..jerk.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Tour Pranks are the best! On our last tour we covered the bands vans with peanut butter penis' and wrote vulgar...dirty....awesome things! But then we had our trailer painted...it washed off though...we win!!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

Everything! We are on AP.net all the time... its addicting! Seriously!! I remember we had one post about us on here about us and we all pretty much shit our pants...it was messy! It's our #1 news website...other than CNN....hellz yeah J Tate!

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Probably our MIA cover "Paper Planes" because it's nice to see kids who don't know our band know a song we play on tour! And plus...I'm oddly attracted to her...Mmmmm....Indian...

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Any where that is warm......HAAAAAAY Cali and Florida beaches! Being cold sucks so much ass...

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Edwin McCain, Paula Cole, Dawsons Creek, Hey Arnold! Salute Your Shorts (Get it right or pay the Price!), Are You Afraid of the Dark? (Submitted for the approval...)

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

To write songs that people like... I don't have that one! Then more people would be more into our band...and that would be killer.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

I think our mansions and fine ladies and diamond goblets we drink our "F-15" Patrone out of speak for themselves playa....ha...In no way shape or form! But we are playing shows and putting out a record in a month.That's all we can ask for now! We are happy...

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

We aren't gay! Everyone thinks that we are gay.... they are wrong. We are bi... We like girls also....kinda...

18. What's your favorite holiday?

Presidents Day....haha!! Did you hear me? ha No...Christmas... Jesus was born so I get presents.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Write songs, play Super Smash Bros, Halo...talk mad video smack to 13 year olds...then hit on them, eat Mickey D's, gain weight, run on the treadmill to lose the weight, cancel it our by getting a #2 again later...upsize please!

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

We are really good at oral sex in general... and I can juggle....while giving oral sex.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
11:22 AM on 10/27/09
sweepthenation
Vickadelphia
User Info.
Good pop-punk band
12:58 PM on 10/27/09
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I like this band. Never gotten to see them though, and I've had my chances. So it's my fault completely.
01:17 PM on 10/27/09
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
A new record next month? Didn't the full length only drop half a year ago, or is this an older article?
02:33 PM on 10/27/09
tplmarc
User Info.
A new record next month? Didn't the full length only drop half a year ago, or is this an older article?

Old interview. Recording new songs no new record for a while!
02:54 PM on 10/27/09
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
favorite record of 2009, its not the best I know but its still my favorite, the most played album in my itunes
03:28 PM on 10/27/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
Shame these guys are on such a terrible label.
03:31 PM on 10/27/09
mynameismickey
User Info.
Hahaha. Hilarious interview. I can't wait for new stuff by them!
04:20 PM on 10/27/09
tplmarc
User Info.
Shame these guys are on such a terrible label.

agreed... Hopefully that will change soon...
04:22 PM on 10/27/09
mikeOKBRK
Mike
User Info.
YES! Haha love them.
04:30 PM on 10/27/09
cherrycokewhore
Registered Pokémon Trainer
User Info.
One of my most favorite local bands. Every show by them is amazing :)
07:03 PM on 10/27/09
veronabryce
User Info.
love these guys! Davey is my homeboy.
09:43 PM on 10/27/09
tipoftheiceberg
son of the silent age
User Info.
would kill to see em live!
sound like fun loving dudes.
never take yourself too seriously
11:47 PM on 10/27/09
tplmarc
User Info.
would kill to see em live!
sound like fun loving dudes.
never take yourself too seriously

where u from hopefully we can make it there soon!!!
06:53 AM on 10/28/09
solargrrl
onegirlarmy, bitches.
User Info.
I still think Godsmack II would have been a better name than F15.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos