AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
09:14 PM on 10/27/09
RoboZombieKitty
User Info.
"However, Rocketown, which is now located in downtown Nashville, pointed out on the WKRN segment that they are a non-traditional ministry that wants to pull in unchurched kids, providing Christian and non-Christian teens alike a venue to see concerts in a safe environment."

Game, set, match. If you don't want your kid to go then don't let them go.
09:22 PM on 10/27/09
RoboZombieKitty
User Info.
"Hang the Pope" holy lol.

"Let's go the the vatican/and pull him out of bed/put the noose around his neck/hang him till he's dead."
Oh god for a minute there I was worried that you were quoting Black Dahlia instead of one of the other bands. I haven't listened to them for awhile but I knew there lyrics were not this retarded.
09:42 PM on 10/27/09
RoboZombieKitty
User Info.
I hate parents like these. Your son is 16 not 5.
Nothing wrong with taking your 5 year old to a good ole metal show. Start 'em young!
11:05 PM on 10/27/09
RoboZombieKitty
User Info.
I've been to quite a few shows at Rocketown. The people who work there are really nice and during some shows, someone from the venue will go on stage between band sets and make general safety rule announcements and say something like, 'If you need to talk someone about anything, find a staff member and we'll talk with you. We're here to talk with you if you need to.' Something like that. I knew that it was a Christian establishment and I liked that. I hate being around a bunch of people smoking and drinking because I hate breathing in someone else's smoke and I hate stomping or tripping on plastic cups when I'm in the middle of a crowd in the middle of a set.

As the article mentioned, this isn't the first 'hardcore satanic metal band' to go through Rocketown. They have heavy metal shows there all the time. I would say that the majority of the bands that play there aren't Christian, but if they only let Christian bands play, the venue probably would have gone under a while ago. If this guy doesn't like the fact that his kid wants to go to this show, then he shouldn't let him go, it's as simple as that. Rocketown won't change their band bookings no matter how many people think they shouldn't have bands like Black Dahlia Murder. And if his kid does go, he should feel a little better knowing that his kid won't be around any alcohol or cigarettes (unless he goes outside) and that they have security all over the place.

Plus, Rocketown is moving sometime soon. So if they move too far out of downtown Nashville, more bands may not want to go that far to play there. There are already a lot of bands that don't come here in the first place.

Also, if this guy is so up in arms about the fact that a Christian venue lets these kinds of bands play there, why does he allow his child to listen to this music? Why can he listen to it, but he can't go see the band? Would he prefer his son to go to someplace shadier like The Muse and hear them play? Rocketown is probably one of the safest venues in Nashville.
Thanks for writing this. The area I'm in doesn't really have a problem with shows being unsafe but I can still appreciate a venue like this.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests