Username
Password

05:07 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
But usually it's just a brief bit and then they move onto something else. In "Anchor Baby" it became the focal point and they kept going and going.
05:14 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
You guys act like you haven't seen the show before. It's essentially always been this way lol.
05:20 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
Not really.

They rarely bring up the fantasy football aspect anymore, and when they do it's outlandish and distracts from enjoying the show, like in this past episode. No one would trade RG3 for a defense, they aren't even trying to make it believable anymore. The writing has been extremely lazy this season, in my opinion, and so have the story lines. This show has always been relatively formulaic, but now it's "Make fun of Andre, Ruxin makes a gay joke, Jenny embarrasses Kevin in front of the guys, Pete is irrelevant."

Taco is the only consistently funny character anymore, as is Rafi but he's used infrequently.
05:27 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
You guys act like you haven't seen the show before. It's essentially always been this way lol.
disagree. and I think this seasons started very nicely but the last few episodes just haven't done it for me.
05:37 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Rafi needs to become a full time cast member.
05:46 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
Minnesota
Male - 27 Years Old
Mantzoukas is just awesome in general.
05:48 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
I don't think Rafi would be quite as funny if he were a regular character. He's hilarious, but his brand of comedy would get old if he was heavily featured in every single episode.
05:48 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Not really.

They rarely bring up the fantasy football aspect anymore, and when they do it's outlandish and distracts from enjoying the show, like in this past episode. No one would trade RG3 for a defense, they aren't even trying to make it believable anymore. The writing has been extremely lazy this season, in my opinion, and so have the story lines. This show has always been relatively formulaic, but now it's "Make fun of Andre, Ruxin makes a gay joke, Jenny embarrasses Kevin in front of the guys, Pete is irrelevant."

Taco is the only consistently funny character anymore, as is Rafi but he's used infrequently.

Agreed completely. I've laughed maybe once an episode now at a show where I'd find myself laughing several times an episode. It's just weak.

I think the last episode I genuinely enjoyed was The Breastilyzer. The past five episodes have been cringe-worthy.
05:50 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Anybody ever read the pilot that Mantzoukas wrote? It was a cop comedy called 'Off Duty,' but it was sadly never picked up. It's awesome.
05:51 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't think Rafi would be quite as funny if he were a regular character. He's hilarious, but his brand of comedy would get old if he was heavily featured in every single episode.

This again. That'd be like making Jean Ralphio a regular in Parks And Rec. Some characters are golden just as recurring characters. I'd like them to stay that way. Rafi has killed it in all three episodes he's been in so far this season. Him being a regular would surely kill the streak.

Plus, he'd take away from the group dynamic. Everybody, except for Andre, is a major douche, but Rafi takes it to a level where he is THE ONLY douche around them.
05:55 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
This again. That'd be like making Jean Ralphio a regular in Parks And Rec. Some characters are golden just as recurring characters. I'd like them to stay that way. Rafi has killed it in all three episodes he's been in so far this season. Him being a regular would surely kill the streak.

Plus, he'd take away from the group dynamic. Everybody, except for Andre, is a major douche, but Rafi takes it to a level where he is THE ONLY douche around them.
Absolutely 100% agree
05:57 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Speaking of Rafi, he will be in two more episodes this season.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20121120fx05/

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20121127fx03/
06:56 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Andre sucks. Rafi rules.

I'm sure the RG3 thing was filmed before he started performing really well.
06:58 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
Andre sucks. Rafi rules.

Even if it was its still nonsense.
07:06 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
bobby runs
I dunno
San Diego,CA
Male - 24 Years Old
Andre sucks. Rafi rules.

He's been doing well most of the season. I'd know since I have him on my team.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos