Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 93
05:41 AM on 11/13/09
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i just saw them live last monday in arkansas... they were good, i liked them. but headlining warped tour in a couple years? no way.
06:45 AM on 11/13/09
PoweredbyPJ
Just because...you move your lips..
User Info.
i just saw them live last monday in arkansas... they were good, i liked them. but headlining warped tour in a couple years? no way.
i totally agree. the cd is good but I feel like they repeat a lot of the same song structures over and over way too much throughout the different tracks.

im seeing them tonight and im so pumped
06:49 AM on 11/13/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
It's not "christcore silliness" that's a pretty arrogant remark. What WCAR preaches is not "Obey God or you will perish!!" they preach solely about love. No bells or whistles, just love, love for your fellow man, not because they're a believer in God, but because they are your brother in Christ. Please don't compare this to Chiodos, it's as far away from it as can be.

Also, it isn't garbage. Yes the production has a "sound" to it, but that is the trademark of Joey Sturgis...that I happen to love, after all this is a review of my opinion.
07:27 AM on 11/13/09
mcquizzle
mighty kites !!!
User Info.
I'll say that I enjoyed this cd more than many like it. The score may be a bit high though, but hey its your opinion
07:27 AM on 11/13/09
Theher3tic
We do this to ourselves.
User Info.
The clean vocals on this are excruciating. This album doesn't even sound real with its super over production. I was really looking forward to this, very disappointed.
07:52 AM on 11/13/09
crazytoledo
Addicted to slurpees
User Info.
I've heard that from a bunch of people. Plus it's always mentioned in every single We Came as Romans thread

Chiodos does all of that except the Christcore silliness much, much better.

Not really.

Drew Beringer has given low 70s - mid 80s to Devil Wears Prada, Oh Sleeper, August Burns Red, Silverstein, From First to Last, Chiodos and countless other scenecore bands.

I'm not sure if WCAR would be considered Christcore? I know that a lot of very religious people drink alcohol and it's not seen as a bad thing, but for some reason, drinking and being a christian in this scene (either band or fan) is looked completely down on to the point where it's almost the stereotype that if you drink you're not christian? And I've seen pictures of everyone from WCAR drinking before.

I had a good laugh though when I found out not everyone in Oh Sleeper is actually christian. I did shots of Jack with their guitarist once
08:22 AM on 11/13/09
DanielJames
User Info.
There is no way possible that you can convince me that this album is as good as you say it is. This sound has been done over and over again. Like others here have said, the review is completely unbalanced and your bias shows through more than anything.
08:32 AM on 11/13/09
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
I'm not sure if WCAR would be considered Christcore? I know that a lot of very religious people drink alcohol and it's not seen as a bad thing, but for some reason, drinking and being a christian in this scene (either band or fan) is looked completely down on to the point where it's almost the stereotype that if you drink you're not christian? And I've seen pictures of everyone from WCAR drinking before.

I had a good laugh though when I found out not everyone in Oh Sleeper is actually christian. I did shots of Jack with their guitarist once
This.
08:32 AM on 11/13/09
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
Album was amazing, everything was great. Sounded spectacular. End of story.
08:36 AM on 11/13/09
RuslanFedotenko
User Info.
holy lol @ this review

this is the most generic scene garbage. clean vocals are produced to hell and back.

coming from a guy with All Time Low and Hit The Lights in their username this really means a lot since those bands are the most creative, non-cheesy, non-homo, sounding bands i've ever heard. seriously, do you drive around with all time low and hit the lights booming out of your speakers? your friends dont think you are gay for that?

atleast have a more elitest username like BNandATDI if you want to talk shit on it
09:12 AM on 11/13/09
Theher3tic
We do this to ourselves.
User Info.
coming from a guy with All Time Low and Hit The Lights in their username this really means a lot since those bands are the most creative, non-cheesy, non-homo, sounding bands i've ever heard. seriously, do you drive around with all time low and hit the lights booming out of your speakers? your friends dont think you are gay for that?

atleast have a more elitest username like BNandATDI if you want to talk shit on it
Well aren't you elitist. I bet you feel sooo cool blastin your WCAR and UO for everyone to hear. You're hardcore man. Hardcore.
09:21 AM on 11/13/09
PetitnaindesÎles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
95 ?? oh god ! put ur head in the water and think
09:43 AM on 11/13/09
crazytoledo
Addicted to slurpees
User Info.
Well aren't you elitist. I bet you feel sooo cool blastin your WCAR and UO for everyone to hear. You're hardcore man. Hardcore.
I think he was proving a point to that kid. The kid called WCAR generic, but his username is based on around bands that aren't exactly original either so it was kind of hypocritical of him to say shit about the review
09:46 AM on 11/13/09
Theher3tic
We do this to ourselves.
User Info.
I think he was proving a point to that kid. The kid called WCAR generic, but his username is based on around bands that aren't exactly original either so it was kind of hypocritical of him to say shit about the review
Oh I know. And I agree with him about that. Just the hypocrisy bothered me. Just cuz he likes jammin out to some pop doesn't mean he's gay. Try playin wcar with a bunch of girls in the car, tell me how that goes.
09:55 AM on 11/13/09
crazytoledo
Addicted to slurpees
User Info.
Oh I know. And I agree with him about that. Just the hypocrisy bothered me. Just cuz he likes jammin out to some pop doesn't mean he's gay. Try playin wcar with a bunch of girls in the car, tell me how that goes.
Depends on the girl. My girlfriend likes mainly only pop and pop punk and bands I can't stand (nevershoutnever comes to mind, I seriously hate it) but she recently got into We Came As Romans. I can see a decent amount of girls hating it though

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos