AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Peaches - I Feel Cream Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 7.25
Production 9.75
Creativity 8.5
Lasting Value 9.5
Reviewer Tilt 9
Final Verdict: 87%
Member Ratings
Vocals 0.25
Musicianship 0.25
Lyrics 0.25
Production 0.25
Creativity 0.25
Lasting Value 0.25
Reviewer Tilt 0.25
Average: 3%
Inside AP.net

Peaches - I Feel Cream

Reviewed by: Spencer W. (10/29/09)
Peaches - I Feel Cream
Label: XL Records
Release Date: May 5, 2009

Love her or hate her, you canít deny the sense of intimidation you get by listening to any one of Peachesí records. From the hilariously dirty song "Fuck the Pain Away" from 2000ís The Teaches Of Peaches to Peachesí beard on the cover of 2003ís Fatherfucker, its hard to believe Peaches (A.K.A Merill Nisker) used to be a school teacher. How lucky those kids must have been. Seriously. But the thing I love most about Peaches is how she remains totally shameless with each record. And did I forget to mention that she is 40? Imagine how amazing it would be if Peaches was your grandmother. That aside, Peaches always manages to get people to suck, fuck and roll, be it with her amazing live shows or her energy packed music videos. I think we have established that Peaches is a beast weather you despise her or want to have her babies. Peaches is the female Chuck Norris.

Peaches takes no prisoners on her disco drenched and potty mouthed fifth album, I Feel Cream. Although the record wears a different dress then 2003ís Fatherfucker or 2006ís Impeach My Bush, Peaches still manages to show off more skin then clothing. Armed with infectious beats (Peaches even decided to hire other producers for this record instead of doing it all by herself) and lyrics that make you double take. "I Feel Cream" feels like a right hook to the face. On the opening track ("Serpentine") Peaches declares that she doesnít give a fuck aboutÖ..well anything.

The biggest surprise on this record comes in the form of the second track ("Talk To Me") where Peaches sing-screams her heart (and maybe her lungs) out over party drenched production by Soulwax. This is just one of the many highlights from this dirty-disco record of mass destruction.

Two tracks on this record show off the softer side of Peaches' voice. "Lose You" and "I Feel Cream" both have the same feel to them except for the fact that "I Feel Cream" is a dirty (what a surprise) song and "Lose You" is a heartbreaking love (yes, you heard me.) song.

"Billionaire" is another standout track where Peaches lets loose and spits a fury of rhymes along side the one guest on the record, Shunda K of Yo! Majesty. Peaches provides the fire and Shunda adds the oil. Together they make an explosion and one hell of a nice track.

The middle of the record is like the chewy center of a lollipop. In other words, itís the best part. Tracks like "Trick or Treat," "Show Stopper," "More" and "Relax" really show off Peachesí mad production skills, whereas tracks like "Mommy Complex" (produced by Digitalism) and "Mud" (another track produced by Simian Mobile Disco) unleash Peachesí hardcore lyrics.

The only slip on this record comes in the shape of the closing track ("Take You On") where Peaches repeats the same line over and over again.

Besides the little misstep at the end, Peaches proves that she still is the Queen of filth and that no one is going to take her crown anytime soon. Watch out ladies and gentleman because Peaches just came into season.

Recommended If You Likedancing; drinking; sex

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums