AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 87.
08:26 AM on 11/03/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I reviewed this album for our college radio station and my fellow reviewers and I were in complete agreement that this album was just plain bland and ridiculous. I couldn't find any lyrics that included Rivers' quirky charm that made me love Weezer and most of the songs are one-time-listeners.

I think it really says something when the Lil Wayne verse is one of the strongest things on the album, a Weezer album.

I really only dug "Love is the Answer" because it didn't sound like all the other washy pop songs on the album.

P.s. Nice Brett Favre shout-out. Go VIKES! 7-1 baby!
08:29 AM on 11/03/09
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
Word

I've always abhorred Lil Wayne until this song.
I've always loved Wayne, and this song is just fun. I mean, Rivers, the dorkiest human being alive, is singing about getting his crunk on with Lil Wayne. It's classic goofball Weezer.
08:29 AM on 11/03/09
panicbxmb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
really love this album. it's fun and cheesy, and that's why it works. it's like they took the few things that worked on Red album (the 3 or so good songs, ha), and wrote more stuff like that.

they're way past their prime, but they can still make a damn good album.
08:32 AM on 11/03/09
Jamais_vu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
LOL @ the recommended if you like bands!

Fall Out Boy's Infinity on High; The Hives' Black and White Album; American Hi-Fi's Hearts on Parade; All Time Low's Nothing Personal

Yea, because FOB and ATL are extremely influential artists that sound remotely like Weezer! Kids these days...
08:32 AM on 11/03/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
this record is much better than the review suggests. Easily beats out the other two records you guys reviewed today (Say Anything, The Almost)
Wow! Bold statement my man. The fact that you are completely wrong aside, most of the songs on Raditude are unbearable after one listen. The songs are overall corny, not well-thought-out, and lack any sort of progression. I don't understand how Rivers and crew could justify making another bunch of "Make Believe" snoozers. I don't think I could justify calling Rivers a sell-out because he might be one of the most important and influencial songwriters in the genre, but after the complete commercialized bland-pop let down that was Raditude, it's certainly on the tip of my tongue.
08:33 AM on 11/03/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
really love this album. it's fun and cheesy, and that's why it works. it's like they took the few things that worked on Red album (the 3 or so good songs, ha), and wrote more stuff like that.

they're way past their prime, but they can still make a damn good album.
I think it's time for Weezer to re-think their whole "goofball" persona a realize they are better songwriters than that. The lyrics as a whole on the album are laughable.
08:42 AM on 11/03/09
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Pretty accurate review, but I can't believe you praise In The Mall. Atrocious song.
08:44 AM on 11/03/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
They've always had shitty lyrics. They've always been extremely poppy.
I'm not talking about radio pop...I thought there was more musically attractive songs on the "red" album. Example: "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived" was one of the best Weezer songs ever written. I think this time around they tried to hard to seek a mass appeal. These songs just don't seem like the kinds of things Weezer could do. These songs feel rushed and overall disappointing...It doesn't seem like they were really looking to appeal to hardcore fans on this one.
08:52 AM on 11/03/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Weezer don't give a flying fucking what their whiny fans want. They make the music they want to make and it's as simple as that and for the most part, at least with their singles, they've always aimed for mass apeal
I'm not saying I give a flying fuck either...We're just having a discussion, bro. I agree that they make music they want to make, because Raditude is only going to do one substantial thing for them: make money. Maybe that was their aim...at least it looks like it from where I'm standing, because to call this 'art' would be laughable. Bottom line: zero lasting value.
08:58 AM on 11/03/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Maybe for you but I absolutely love this album and I'm sure I'll be listening to it for a very long time.
Sounds good. To each his own. I was just giving my opinion on an album I had higher hopes for.
09:03 AM on 11/03/09
poppa Q
LBTBG
User Info.
Can't Stop Partying is one of the best Weezer songs ever, hahaha it's so awesome.
lol I strangely feel the same way.

And oddly, the album's best songs are from the deluxe version.
09:04 AM on 11/03/09
poppa Q
LBTBG
User Info.
Sounds good. To each his own. I was just giving my opinion on an album I had higher hopes for.
Welp, that's your problem then haha.
09:08 AM on 11/03/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Welp, that's your problem then haha.
No doubt. I'll remember that the next time Weezer releases something.
09:34 AM on 11/03/09
AlexAllTimeLow
User Info.
Clearly someone failed to realize the sense of irony that laces this, and every other Weezer album. Its well executed. The, "nothing will ever live up to pinkerton" mentality is ridiculous. What you've got to realize is that this entire record is a response to the mainstream failure of the Red album. Can't Stop Partying solidifies it... Hilarious song.

Just my two cents.
09:37 AM on 11/03/09
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.
Nice review... I strongly disagree with a couple things though. I think "Put Me Back Together" is one of Weezer's best songs of this decade, and "In The Mall" is a terrible song. Imo, it's "In The Mall" and "Love Is The Answer" that disrupt the flow of the album, if anything.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums