Username
Password

Album Review

The Swellers - Ups and Downsizing Album Cover

The Swellers - Ups and Downsizing

Reviewed by
The Swellers - Ups and Downsizing
Record Label: Fueled By Ramen
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Release Date: September 29, 2009

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
06:16 PM on 11/23/09
Chris Collum
User Info.
Hello again. Good album, although I believe I prefer the Broadway Calls one...but I also feel I haven't really given this its fair chance. Excellent review. I'd also add This Time Next Year's Road Maps and Heart Attacks to that list of pop-punk albums...but yeah, you hit the nail on the head.
09:59 PM on 11/27/09
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
never heard of broadway calls but i have the SYG, NFG, the swellers, and the new this time next year album (that the above poster mentioned) so if they are anything like the others you mentioned then i will definitely give them a listen, great review pal.
10:04 PM on 11/27/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I did catch what you did there. Good review, love this record, and I definitely agree with:
Quote:
of the year title for the pop-punk genre had been narrowed down to their album, Ups and Downsizing, New Found Glory's Not Without a Fight, and Set Your Goals' This Will Be the Death of Us.

Dirt is such a great song. I can't stop listening to this album.
01:03 AM on 11/28/09
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Hello again. Good album, although I believe I prefer the Broadway Calls one...but I also feel I haven't really given this its fair chance. Excellent review. I'd also add This Time Next Year's Road Maps and Heart Attacks to that list of pop-punk albums...but yeah, you hit the nail on the head.

yeah you should definitely give it a couple spins, it seems to be right along your list of music. and thank you.

never heard of broadway calls but i have the SYG, NFG, the swellers, and the new this time next year album (that the above poster mentioned) so if they are anything like the others you mentioned then i will definitely give them a listen, great review pal.

thanks man. and yeah this album fits right in with the rest of those, you wont be disappointed.

I did catch what you did there. Good review, love this record, and I definitely agree with:

Dirt is such a great song. I can't stop listening to this album.

the lyrics to dirt are incredible. i havent listened to it as much recently bu i was really hooked on it and i still think its the best pop punk this year
04:01 AM on 11/28/09
gjpinizz
Life With People
User Info.
good review, the last part was kinda gay though, haha. this is definitely one of my favorite albums of the year, very unique and catchy
02:43 PM on 11/28/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Great review. I'm hopping to find this album in stores.
07:21 PM on 11/28/09
Chris Collum
User Info.
yeah you should definitely give it a couple spins, it seems to be right along your list of music. and thank you.
Yeah, I've actually been getting into it more since I read your review and am really liking what I hear.
Quick question: have you read either part of Dave Marsh's biography of Springsteen? I'm halfway through the first one, 'Born to Run,' and have skimmed parts of 'Glory Days,' the second one, and they really are fascinating. Check em out if you get a chance...
07:23 PM on 11/28/09
Chris Collum
User Info.
Dude...dig some Broadway Calls. Their S/T is fucking fantastic, and the one they put out this year is almost as good.
07:24 PM on 11/28/09
Chris Collum
User Info.
Great review. I'm hopping to find this album in stores.
I saw it at Best Buy. Love the TTNY avatar...they've really won me over recently.
09:05 PM on 11/28/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
I saw it at Best Buy. Love the TTNY avatar...they've really won me over recently.
Yup,I picked it up a few hours ago from Best Buy, last copy! And TTNY's new album has become one of my favorites of the year. Completely caught me off guard, I listen to the whole thing and enjoy every second.
10:58 PM on 11/28/09
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
(Did you catch what I did there?)

IC WUT U DID THAR!
10:40 AM on 11/29/09
Chris Collum
User Info.
Yup,I picked it up a few hours ago from Best Buy, last copy! And TTNY's new album has become one of my favorites of the year. Completely caught me off guard, I listen to the whole thing and enjoy every second.
Yeah...I just figured they were some shitty pop-punk band that ripped off The Movielife for their name. But those boys know what the fuck they're doing.
11:05 AM on 11/29/09
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Yeah, I've actually been getting into it more since I read your review and am really liking what I hear.
Quick question: have you read either part of Dave Marsh's biography of Springsteen? I'm halfway through the first one, 'Born to Run,' and have skimmed parts of 'Glory Days,' the second one, and they really are fascinating. Check em out if you get a chance...

i have not. ive actually never even heard of them. ill try to get my hands on a copy over winter break though, sounds like good plane riding material. thanks dude.
11:06 AM on 11/29/09
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Yeah...I just figured they were some shitty pop-punk band that ripped off The Movielife for their name. But those boys know what the fuck they're doing.

when i listen to their album, i feel like this is the cd that will lead to their best stuff. like theyve got the right ideas but it could be better executed.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos