AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

Newport - 01.07.09

Interviewed by: Jamie Pham (11/06/09)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Newport
www.myspace.com/wearenewport

1. How did you get your band name?
We got the name NewportÖFrom a pack of cigarettes? From Newport, RI? From a Cute Is What We Aim For Song? We have lots of little excuses :]

2. How did this band get started?
In high school me and the other guitarist had bands and we eventually just combined the two and kicked out a few members from each previous bandÖ..oops

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Absolutely everything from brand new to Damien rice, blink 182 to hellogoodbye, Michael buble to frank Sinatra. Kanye West to Plies. We listen to literally everything and take what we can away from it.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Jack Johnson, Rookie Of The Year, and Anthony Green. That would be a crazy tour.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A polar bear.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Slowly but surely we are developing a new type of sound and feel for the music we play. People seem to be liking it lately. We went to a party a few weeks ago and heard our song playing there. We had no idea how it got there because we didnít know anyone at the party! [www.myspace.com/wearenewport]

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Probably our new song ĎWhen It Hitsí. Itís a crazy roller coaster of a ride and the song just constantly builds. It probably wouldnít be that hard. Theres no face melting solos (thank god!!).

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Everyone that helped make it possible to even get to that point!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Iíd change it so that bands didnít have to rely on labels for everything. Labels in the music industry are like politicians in the real world. Theyre corrupt, but people go to them because they have all the money. Unfortunately theyre the lifeline in music and they donít seem to be doing much good for anyone anymore.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Screw tour memories, hometown shows are always the best. Thatís where youre appreciated the most!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Itís a great website! I get all my info on current bands and happenings here!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Brand New Ė Untitled 5. Itís a shame they didnít release their Fight Off Your Demons demos as a real record. I think that was absolutely some of their best work.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Hawaiiiiiiiii. Takes away the stress of everything.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink 182. I grew up listening to that stuff.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Fly. No more bad drivers, thank you very much.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not at all. Weíre unknown. No one has heard about us unless youíre a friend of ours or a friend of a friends. Itís a real tight circle.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We write shitty songs, duhh

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Summer break. Thatís a holiday for sure.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Talk and relax with friends. Go to the beach. Fish. Just all the stuff you usually do to take it easy.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Ill let you know when I figure them out! Haha

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT