Password

Album Review
Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk Album Cover

Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk

Reviewed by
Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk
Record Label: Columbia/Red Ink
Release Date: September 8, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from TERRABITHIA. You can see all of TERRABITHIA's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
06:08 PM on 11/23/09
Chris Collum
User Info.
Quote:
it appears Boys Like Girls have imitated the sound of many popular mainstream bands.
Shocker. What did you expect? And 'Love Drunk' really sounds nothing like 'Baba O'Riley'...especially since that's a keyboard at the beginning of 'Baba.' Dead on about the Bon Jovi and Killers rip-offs though. This album is total garbage...didn't really bother to listen to all of it.
06:41 PM on 11/27/09
Little Ferret
Play that tune
User Info.
Shocker. What did you expect? And 'Love Drunk' really sounds nothing like 'Baba O'Riley'...especially since that's a keyboard at the beginning of 'Baba.' Dead on about the Bon Jovi and Killers rip-offs though. This album is total garbage...didn't really bother to listen to all of it.
I never noticed that. It's pretty much impossible to deny that the chorus sounds exactly like Somebody Told Me.
06:59 PM on 11/27/09
HMNIJared
Remember Winipeg
User Info.
I, in fact, despise the key change in "Love Drunk."
07:02 PM on 11/27/09
touchstone
wut
User Info.
Whoa, please do not dare to compare this album to NSync. Those guys actually had charisma and catchy tunes, neither of which Boys Like Girls possess.
09:41 PM on 11/27/09
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Woah, a lot of hate in here for this band. I actually liked this album, not as much as the first one but I still thought it had some nice songs. When listening to BLG i'm not really expecting the most original, ground breaking music.
09:50 PM on 11/27/09
TERRABITHIA
Lights, Camera, Action.
User Info.
I wouldn't call it hate. Just a really strong dislike for this album. I hate that they released their Self-Titled and then waited 4 years to release their next album. When taking that long to release something, fans expect something half-way decent. Instead, they put out the most unoriginal album ever.
10:18 PM on 11/27/09
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I thought it was decent. I didn't think the selftitled was exactly original either, not much is nowadays.
03:41 AM on 11/28/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You obviously like doing reviews, which is good, but you should try to structure your paragraphs better. Three times in this review, you put a sentence as a paragraph... it looks half-assed and messy.

/constructive criticism
08:41 PM on 11/29/09
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I never noticed that. It's pretty much impossible to deny that the chorus sounds exactly like Somebody Told Me.
I've said it a bunch, and I'll say it again. I don't think it's that similar.

That being said, I disagree with the review. I love the album... The first time or two or ten I was disappointed. This album has grown on me more than any album ever, I listen to it all the time now.
02:08 PM on 11/30/09
TERRABITHIA
Lights, Camera, Action.
User Info.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's pretty much impossible to deny that the chorus sounds exactly like Somebody Told Me.
07:34 PM on 12/15/09
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album has some solid tracks -- "contagious" is insanely catchy. "Shot heard round the world" is probably the best on the album, and similar to their older stuff. "She's got a boyfriend now" and "chemicals collide" are pretty good as well. My only complaint is that they put too many slow songs on the album.
05:08 PM on 12/28/09
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
User Info.
I'm glad this review exists. I didn't know these guys were still a band.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos