Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
10:15 AM on 11/13/09
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
Five and Alive1) Thrice's The Alchemy Index Vol 1-4 --- Did this one take forever, or what? Talk about being well worth the wait. A book with each page as a sleeve, four separate colors, gold numbered, etc. Maybe Beggars is going to be signed and contains full artwork, but the packaging for the four album EP is incredible. It also didn't hurt that for some reason I received an extra copy of Vol 4: Earth with my package - my favorite Index.

2) Rx Bandits' Mandala --- One of my favorite bands returned with a stellar album, and an even more stellar vinyl release. The cover feels as smooth as the artwork, and the eye cutout on the gatefold is just the icing on the cake. Now, if I can just get a release of Progress on wax, my collection will be complete.

3) Narrows' New Distances --- Something about this cover gets me. I think it's how the cover art of glossy city streets are blended with the background, or the fact that the cover art is so good, that you kind of have to own a larger copy of it. I'm still scratching my noggin over why I love this one, but I honestly just do since the first time I picked it up.

4) Pelican/These Arms Are Snakes' Split --- Browsing eBay, there's plenty of hardcore/post-hardcore splits from back in the day containing choice bands and choice cuts. Of all the splits I have, this was one I had to own. The cover is great (working with the same glossy set-up as New Distances in fact), and the four colors came out great as well.

5) Sunny Day Real Estate's Diary (re-issue) --- I went to buy Brand New's Daisy, but ended up having to order it. I picked this one up instead, and relived what good music used to be about. The full booklet and 2xLP pink pressing is great, and mine is now signed by Jeremy Enigk and William Goldsmith.
12:07 AM on 11/17/09
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
I think I bought about 40-50 records this year. Of those, my top 5 favorites are:
3. Cursive - Mama, I'm Swollen
Awesome packaging - 12" booklet glued inside a super-thick gatefold jacket, and blood red vinyl. Top notch.

4. ISIS - Wavering Radiant (Euro Press)
Kills the US press in terms of jacket art. There's a lot of attention to detail with this release - obi strip, printed sleeves inside the gatefold etc. Very nice.

5. Mono - Hymn of the Immortal Wind
Gorgeous coke bottle blue/black vinyl, and illustrated cards for each song. Gorgeous release.

Converge - Axe to Fall (clear/shards vinyl /100 is probably the best color variant I've ever seen, and I'm lucky enough to own one)

Cursive is a good choice! got that one

I got the last Euro press at the Baton Rouge show on their tour with Pelican and Tombs...worth the $5 extra...

I haven't heard the new Mono all the way through, but the one song I heard was awesome...I need to get on that vinyl...

I got the light blue Axe to Fall at the show on Friday...may get the Jane Doe re-release as well...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests