Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 82.
12:56 PM on 11/13/09
Travis Parno
my sensible heart
User Info.
Just started this year, but I love my La Dispute package, Manchester Orchestra's new one sounds AMAZING, and anxiously waiting for the new Kevin Devine too.
good call on La Dispute. i was fortunate enough to grab one of the first 100 pre-orders of Somewhere at the Bottom... the hand-screened D-side is gorgeous!
01:17 PM on 11/13/09
middlenameboom
Briefcase Wanker
User Info.
Normally my hipster-tool instincts would suggest contempt for so many new people getting into vinyl, but I'm really loving all the new people getting into it because it's making a lot more records available and it's fun sharing love of the format with others. I'd say these have been my favorite releases on vinyl of the year:
1) Minus the Bear - Acoustics
So crisp, so beautifully done, and with a really great tracklist. The baby blue/cream swirl is gorgeous, too.
2) As Tall As Lions - You Can't Take It With You
Great album, and the vinyl had a bunch of great bonus tracks. Picked mine up at their in-store acoustic set at Rasputin, so they signed my copy (along with my self-titled and Into The Flood) to me and my now-fiancee.
3) Discovery - LP
Just a really fun record. It has its ups and downs but it's a great party album to throw onto the turntable.
4) Andrew Bird - Noble Beast
180 gram double-LP with gorgeous artwork, and you can really feel the warmth on this record. This was actually a birthday present for my fiancee.
5) Matt & Kim - Grand
Albums like this one just work so well as a cohesive work, I think someone is robbing themselves of an experience when they just play at track or two from it. Definitely the pair's best.

I got minus the bear's planet of ice last year which was awesome. I also picked up Discovery's LP on vinyl, it was a good addition, love spinning osaka loop line.

I finally found Ratatat's self titled on vinyl a couple weeks ago which was cool.
01:26 PM on 11/13/09
jslayer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this year i picked uppppp....

the death set - worldwide (r.i.p.)
akimbo - navigate the bronze
every time i die - hot damn
every time i die - gutter
modey lemon - season of sweets
so many dynamos - flashlights
the cure - boys dont cry lp
talking heads - the name of this band is talking heads (live)
Dan Auerbach - keep it hid
Run DMC - king of rock (1st pressing, yes please)
MF Doom - MM..Food (rerelease)
Madlib - Shades of Blue

theres a few more, but those are the ones that stick out the most right now
01:41 PM on 11/13/09
queenofcrouton
relapsing into madness
User Info.
Gallows - Orchestra of Wolves
Gallows - Grey Britian
I didn't even know Orchestra was pressed on vinyl. I wish I had it.
01:47 PM on 11/13/09
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Too much haha. It's definitely holding the "crown jewel" title in my collection for awhile. I figured I probably wouldn't have too many opportunities to pick it up so I just kinda went for it.
Well I see it go for ebay between 50 and 100 so if you got it anywhere between those prices, you did good
02:04 PM on 11/13/09
Joel Ion
Defender of Dudes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Let's see... Top 5 Vinyl purchased this year... shit. This will be hard. I'll just pick the 5 that I've played the most since being purchased in '09, first, then the 5 that came out this year that I enjoyed.

Most Played

#5: The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound

#4: The Get Up Kids - Something to Write Home About

#3: Circa Survive - On Letting Go

#2: Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

#1: Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell

Picks of the Year

#5: Wilco - Wilco

#4: Thrice - The Alchemy Index

#3: Kings of Leon - Only By The Night

#2: Jimmy Eat World - Clarity (10th Anniversary Edition)

#1: Manchester Orchestra - Mean Everything to Nothing
02:16 PM on 11/13/09
AmIWrong
Mickey is Sexy
User Info.
evening out is on vinyl?
No, I meant take this to your grave. I wasn't thinking correctly... Sorry about that.
02:23 PM on 11/13/09
evvandflow
full of shit and free beer
User Info.
brand new - daisy
sunny day real estate - diary
the black keys - rubber factory
taking back sunday - where you want to be

pre-ordered:
thrice - beggars
blink - buddha
blink - enema of the state
brand new - TDAG
02:27 PM on 11/13/09
jmg85
User Info.
Portugal. The Man - The Satanic Satanist & It's Complicated Being A Wizard
Those finished off my Portugal. The Man discography including all the EPs. and I love all of them.

i'd also say:
Rx Bandits - Mandala
Thrice - The Alchemy Index
John Frusciante - The Empyrean (though i was disappointed it wasn't a gatefold for a double disc... )
Circa Survive - On Letting Go Picture Disc
Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant/Fleet Foxes
02:45 PM on 11/13/09
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
I'm only just getting into vinyl, but this year I've picked up Butch Walker and fun. to name a few (there were a couple more I can't remember) but I still wanna get my hands on Daisy. I also have a long term albums that I love list which includes Brother, Sister and TTTYG.
03:22 PM on 11/13/09
Travis Parno
my sensible heart
User Info.
incidentally, if you ever considered purchasing a press of Blink 182's Dude Ranch, check out this site on Monday at noon (EST): http://www.mightierthansword.bigcartel.com /

EDIT: got the right site now...
03:31 PM on 11/13/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I started collecting and listening to vinyl this year, so I picked up a lot. I love the packaging to The Alchemy Index and I have Enema of the State and Beggars on pre-order, can't wait. I picked up way much more than that and my collection's grown a lot this year. I started out by buying albums I knew I loved and now I'm picking up newer releases and trying to find other albums.
03:32 PM on 11/13/09
ikikwe
I'm looking for the upsides
User Info.
incidentally, if you ever considered purchasing a press of Blink 182's Dude Ranch, check out this site on Monday at noon (EST): http://academyfightsong.bigcartel.com/

omfg. Yes! Thank you.
03:32 PM on 11/13/09
mightierthan
MIGHTIER THAN SWORD RECORDS
User Info.
incidentally, if you ever considered purchasing a press of Blink 182's Dude Ranch, check out this site on Monday at noon (EST): http://academyfightsong.bigcartel.com/

not to give anything away but the site you might want to check out is actually http://www.mightierthansword.bigcartel.com /

just sayin'
03:34 PM on 11/13/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.

I've been buying quite a bit lately, but I might just have to get this haha.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS