NFG - Self-titled
TGUK - Something to Write Home About
TBS - Tell All Your Friends
FOB - Take This To Your Grave
Limbeck - Hi Everything's Great

As well as some newer releases:
Jack's Mannequin - Glass Passenger
Dashboard Confessional - Shade of Poison Trees

& a lot of other thrift store find classics!
08:40 PM on 11/15/09
calciumwaste
x
User Info.
is this available anywhere?
It doesn't look like they have the vinyl online at all anymore. I bought it at a show in May, they may or may not still have it on tour.
08:42 PM on 11/15/09
zubinmoosa
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV
User Info.
It doesn't look like they have the vinyl online at all anymore. I bought it at a show in May, they may or may not still have it on tour.
Damn. They're not coming near me at all
01:27 PM on 11/16/09
doyoulikecoffee
User Info.
i dont think this will allow enough charecters for all the vinyl i have bought in the past 5 months let alone this whole year!

looks great on my wall....

J/K :)
10:16 PM on 11/16/09
TheBaroness
User Info.
I think I bought about 40-50 records this year. Of those, my top 5 favorites are:

1. The Appleseed Cast - Sagarmatha
The vinyl-exclusive artwork is the tits, and the entire package is presented really well - thick, high gloss gatefold jacket, colored vinyl matching the artwork - and I got the handnumbered ltd edition too, which is nice. Going to also throw an honorable mention to another 'Cast record, Two Conversations, which got similar treatment and looks equally spectacular.

2. Pulling Teeth - Paranoid Delusions/Paradise Delusions
Hologram cover. What else needs to be said?

3. Cursive - Mama, I'm Swollen
Awesome packaging - 12" booklet glued inside a super-thick gatefold jacket, and blood red vinyl. Top notch.

4. ISIS - Wavering Radiant (Euro Press)
Kills the US press in terms of jacket art. There's a lot of attention to detail with this release - obi strip, printed sleeves inside the gatefold etc. Very nice.

5. Mono - Hymn of the Immortal Wind
Gorgeous coke bottle blue/black vinyl, and illustrated cards for each song. Gorgeous release.

Honorable mentions:
Sunn O))) - Monoliths & Dimensions (vellum cover, super thick gatefold)
Kylesa - Static Tensions Deluxe (comes in a fucking box with all sorts of awesome shit)
Converge - Axe to Fall (clear/shards vinyl /100 is probably the best color variant I've ever seen, and I'm lucky enough to own one)
A ton of other stuff that I can't remember right now.
12:07 AM on 11/17/09
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
I think I bought about 40-50 records this year. Of those, my top 5 favorites are:
3. Cursive - Mama, I'm Swollen
Awesome packaging - 12" booklet glued inside a super-thick gatefold jacket, and blood red vinyl. Top notch.

4. ISIS - Wavering Radiant (Euro Press)
Kills the US press in terms of jacket art. There's a lot of attention to detail with this release - obi strip, printed sleeves inside the gatefold etc. Very nice.

5. Mono - Hymn of the Immortal Wind
Gorgeous coke bottle blue/black vinyl, and illustrated cards for each song. Gorgeous release.

Converge - Axe to Fall (clear/shards vinyl /100 is probably the best color variant I've ever seen, and I'm lucky enough to own one)

Cursive is a good choice! got that one

I got the last Euro press at the Baton Rouge show on their tour with Pelican and Tombs...worth the $5 extra...

I haven't heard the new Mono all the way through, but the one song I heard was awesome...I need to get on that vinyl...

I got the light blue Axe to Fall at the show on Friday...may get the Jane Doe re-release as well...
04:35 PM on 11/17/09
TheBaroness
User Info.
I'm not entirely jazzed on the new Mono album, it's missing something for me, but I haven't listened to it as much as I should have. Seeing them live on the 4th so hopefully the new songs click more with me when I hear them in that setting.

You'll be waiting a while to pick up the Jane Doe reissue - no one really knows for sure when it's going to be out, probably mid/late next year at the earliest though, I reckon.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos