AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Throwing Color - The Static Seas Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.25
Musicianship 9.75
Lyrics 8.75
Production 7.5
Creativity 9.25
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 9.25
Final Verdict: 88%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Throwing Color - The Static Seas

Reviewed by: Bostancic25 (11/16/09)
Throwing Color - The Static Seas
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: April 14, 2009

One listen. That's all it takes to figure out this tri-state quintet has the potential to go somewhere within the coming year. It wasn't so long ago that the guys of Throwing Color were like every other band: willing to play for anyone who would listen. One year later and they have already accomplished more than most local bands have in such a short period of time. Dedicated fans? Check. Attention from industry experts? Check. Major tour dates? I think you get the point. All of these honors don't happen by luck. It's through a strong blend of musicianship and hard work that has music critics praising The Static Seas as a solid debut sure to open the door towards bigger things.

The concept of an EP leaves little time to create a lasting impression. Six songs and it's up to the listener to decide whether or not it's worthy of another spin. What makes The Static Seas an outstanding album is that rare ability to accomplish all that and more from the beginning track. Evident from then on is a consistent display of energy and dedication to each and every song on the record. However, it's the bands single that captures what Throwing Color is all about. "How To Feed A Skeleton" (Yes, even the dead need to eat, I suppose) feels like a song created by the likes of The Graduate, a youthful anthem that will have you bursting into song on the freeway. Sadly, not all is perfect with The Static Seas. Certain lyrics are hard to make out. These lyrics can get repetitive at times. What's left over is a desire for something more.

Shared among the band is a common belief: Good things come through a combination of hard work, integrity, and respect. By the looks of where that's gotten them, that belief is now a living fact.

Recommended If You LikeThe Graduate; Midtown; Bayside

Check them out on Myspace.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
11:55 PM on 12/07/09
redfalcon431
endless summer
User Info.
I just listened to them for the first time and they sound really awesome
05:18 PM on 12/08/09
NickSingleton
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i anticipate big things from this band in the near future!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums