AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Inside AP.net

Snow Patrol Dates Cancelled

Posted by: Katie Schmitz (06/11/06)
Snow Patrol dates with Augustana have been cancelled.
MessageALL NORTH AMERICAN DATES POSTPONED!!
I saw the doctor again yesterday afternoon. The news is bad. My vocal chords don’t seem to have heeled at all. The polyps are still there and my singing voice is extremely weak. ‘What’s new?’ I hear from cheap seats. Indeed.

I’m so sorry about this but I’ve been advised by the doctor to not do any shows for a month. I may also need surgery but the initial suggestion from the doc is for me to rest at home for that time and see how I am in a few weeks.

I’ve also seen a voice coach here in New York who has given me some vocal exercises to help me heal and build up the strength of the voice. His advice on Wednesday was also preferably for me to take a month off.

I hope you all understand that if I could do this tour right now I would but I’m worried to go against doctor’s advice would lead to serious, even irreversible, problems further down the line.

Thank you all for your messages on the forum wishing me a speedy recovery it means a lot.

Our agent Marty has worked 24 hours straight pretty much to get these shows rebooked. God bless you Marty. They will take place in September and they will call in every town we have missed this time round and two others San Diego and Las Vegas. Your original tickets will still be valid of course. We will tell you the confirmed dates on Monday or Tuesday and when the tickets go on sale for the new shows.

Lots of love, gary.x

Submitted by fixatedon1star

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9.
02:43 PM on 06/11/06
ShadowXP
As cruel as a school kid
User Info.
The new album sucks, though Final Straw is a classic.

It's a bit all "oh diddums" really.
02:58 PM on 06/11/06
fight4urdemons
User Info.
New record's good. Get better dude.
03:09 PM on 06/11/06
chowski
User Info.
Did anyone ever post a news thread about the Augustana member changes? I don't remember seeing one. Josiah is no longer on lead guitar. Chris Sachtleben is (temporarily?) filling that void.
03:57 PM on 06/11/06
helikopter
User Info.
agreed that the new cd's a disappointment. nothing they've done touches final straw.

good thing we aren't talking about cursive or we'd be "fucking douches" for not praising everything the band puts out.
06:38 PM on 06/11/06
tambo41187
That was a freebie
User Info.
I like the new SP album, just as good as final straw.

And Fuck about this tour, augustana is not coming back near me on their next tour.
07:58 PM on 06/11/06
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
Ohhhh, you're that hickpuff girl...nice to see a new news poster around here (especially one that's female).
12:17 AM on 06/12/06
gobblox is...
a glib jerk
User Info.
get better dude, see you on the tour. love both these bands to death, and the fact that they talk about sufjan makes me heart them 5x more
05:18 AM on 06/12/06
Mark Orr
User Info.
The new CD was always going to be compared to Final Straw...and not favourably.

I really like it though, it's a solid CD from one of the few British bands I can stand right now.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS