AP.net Related News - Page 16
Displaying posts 225 - 234 of 234.
07:29 AM on 06/13/06
sensesfail18782
Jukebox Romeo
User Info.
Originally Posted by BeerNSluts
ELEVATION - www.myspace.com/elevation

This band is absolutely tits. By the looks of their pics it looks like something Tooth & Nail would do.

But this band is more major label than anything. They could easily blow up on the radio.

Wow I just checked this band out and you are right. They sound GREAT. They can go far on the singer's voice and just the overall vibe of the music and everything. I get what you mean by the pictures being Tooth and Nail-ish, but you're right about this band having major label written all over it.

They should sign an EP/1 CD deal with The Militia Group just to get their name in the "indie" world then sign to somebody like Warner Brothers. They could blow up so big so fast it's not even funny. And all this enthusiasm after hearing ONE SONG. Shit.
11:18 AM on 06/13/06
palisadevoice
User Info.
The Ataris. Their new album is going to blow away anything they've ever done before.
12:43 PM on 06/13/06
OMGzzBreakdownz
OMGzzBreakdownzz
User Info.
Bomb The Music Industtry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01:12 PM on 06/13/06
Ultragrrrl
User Info.
anyone wanna recommend something that isn't super myspace-y? so far, everything sounds so samey. any of these bands influenced by like, say, echo and the bunnymen, or joy division, or adam and the ants, or some obscure scottish band from the 80s? maybe even the mid-90s college rock like breeders and pixies?

c'mon kids, start a band or throw a brick... just give me something different from the scene!
01:19 PM on 06/13/06
LPMagic
Everybody! Everybody!
User Info.
Originally Posted by Ultragrrrl
anyone wanna recommend something that isn't super myspace-y? so far, everything sounds so samey. any of these bands influenced by like, say, echo and the bunnymen, or joy division, or adam and the ants, or some obscure scottish band from the 80s? maybe even the mid-90s college rock like breeders and pixies?

c'mon kids, start a band or throw a brick... just give me something different from the scene!
Originality is harder and harder to come by these days. Quite frankly, I'm tired of being recommended to listen to the same type of "post-rock" crap. The good stuff - at least good in the sense of what it sounds like you are looking for, as am I - is out there though, but (biting my tongue here) you're more likely to find it on Pitchfork than AP. Unfortuneately, "punk", like sex, sells - it has a built in audience: angsty teenagers and MySpace whores.

- Jeff
01:33 PM on 06/13/06
piaffeprncess98
check out www.avoidthescene.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would say The Higher, but they've been signed. Other than them, maybe Novice, I don't think they're signed anymore.
01:39 PM on 06/13/06
Suprhatch614
is a terrible user name
User Info.
Originally Posted by Ultragrrrl

ouch...zinger!

on another note, this reminded me greatly of the argument between jack black and john cusack in high fidelity...'who's your influences? They're mostly german! Hasslehoff?' - not verbatim, I'm sorry

Edit: Anyone of hear of The Dirty Things...they sound like the strokes, if the members of the strokes had a collective penis between the 4 of them
12:13 PM on 06/14/06
Dan Avery
User Info.
AMP MAGAZINE SEEMS TO THINK: SILVERING

06:38 AM on 01/18/07
logicalbobcat
zzzzz
User Info.
Broken Social Scene.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE