Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
09:18 AM on 11/23/09
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
Curious to hear this. Go West had a muddled production sound which kept me from really enjoying it. I hope this one is a clearer. With this band being on Tragic Hero now, they should at least get a little push.
09:42 AM on 11/23/09
andthetruthwill
User Info.
Ahh, that's WHY I liked it so much. It had a very suffocating, atmospheric sound. I hope it's similar production to be honest.
It just sounded like it was done on the cheap to me. Everything sort of ran together. And I would always have to turn the volume up louder than it would have to be on other records. I don't mind the style at all, and I have a feeling they are sticking with the heaviness, but I want this record to sound more professionally done.
12:01 PM on 11/23/09
andthetruthwill
User Info.
It's the same producer and he is very professional.
Wasn't knocking the producer. I was talking about the sound of that particular record, not his work in general. I hope the newer record has a crisper, louder dynamic and not so much everything smooshed together. It just sounded very compressed. An example I would relate it to would be Of Machines' As If Everything Was Held In Place. Both Go West and that album are good records, I just find them hard to listen to because it's difficult to hear what's fully going on.
06:37 PM on 11/23/09
andthetruthwill
User Info.
Well I will say that Cory Spotts gets better with every album he mixes so I would assume that this one is mastered better. I have this album already (sweet brag, right?) and to me it sounds awesome. Drum tones especially. It's definitely clear and crisp. But don't take my word for it because I thought the last album sounded fine.
That's sweet to hear. The drum sound he cultivated back on Bless the Fall's His Last Walk was some of the best I've ever heard. If it's able to reminisce that, it will be something to look forward to. Either way, I am anxious to hear this record.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums