AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Every Avenue - Picture Perfect Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 7.75
Lyrics 6.5
Production 8
Creativity 8.25
Lasting Value 8.75
Reviewer Tilt 8
Final Verdict: 79%
Member Ratings
Vocals 9
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics 8.63
Production 9.13
Creativity 8.38
Lasting Value 8.88
Reviewer Tilt 9
Average: 88%
Inside AP.net

Every Avenue - Picture Perfect

Reviewed by: TERRABITHIA (11/24/09)
Every Avenue - Picture Perfect
Record Label: Fearless Records
Release Date: November 3, 2009

Fearless Records continues to put out successful mainstream music by all kinds of different acts. Mayday Parade, The Maine, and once again, Every Avenue; a group of Michigan rockers who impressed fans with Shh.. Just Go With It and are now shoving more down their throats with Picture Perfect. As a big fan of Every Avenue’s first full-length album Shh.. Just Go With It, let me start with saying that I am shocked after hearing their new release Picture Perfect. While a lot of bands tend to change their sound dramatically with a new release, it appears that Every Avenue has carried their pop-rock sound from Shh.. Just Go With It onto Picture Perfect. And with that being said, their album is worth more than a listen. Check them out at the House of Blues in Chicago on November 28. Picture Perfect displays their true passion for music. At the same time, it also pleases their fans. In fact, they will do anything to please their fans.

I was very surprised last year when I went with a friend to see Every Avenue perform at Mojoes in Orland Park on April 18, 2008. While sitting outside, we ran into Every Avenue front man David Strauchman. What was expected to be a quick greeting, initially turned into an hour conversation with him where he admitted to us that he was expelled from his high school for streaking the field during a football game. After that I respected the band more than any other band I've ever met. They are a great group of guys who are willing to take the time to hang out with the supportive fans who have attributed to their success. I love it when bands support their fans back.

And again, I respect them even more with this release. For any fans who thought Every Avenue would head for a downfall, think again. Picture Perfect starts off with "Always, Forever", the first track they streamed to fans from the album; a song that every listener can relate to if they’ve ever graduated from anything. “Mindset”, appears repetitive, but repetitive does not always mean bad and when listening to this genre, it should be no surprise to hear a chorus four or more times. The bridge of the song leads into a key change to end the song and lure listeners into hear Every Avenue’s first single off Picture Perfect, “Tell Me I’m a Wreck”. How this song was chosen for a single, I do not know. It has no appeal and won’t draw any listener in. Title track “Picture Perfect” is the exact opposite of the previous track and should be candidate for the next single.

“Girl Like That”, co-written by Ryan Key of Yellowcard, is short and sweet and leads into a full band chorus chant. "I Forgive You", sounds similar to the Jonas Brothers, if they were to ever hit puberty. It's simple as it comes, but it’s another song that has great potential for Every Avenue's next single. Picture Perfect is picture perfect— no pun intended.

As a high school cross country runner, I learned that the key to running a good race was to start and finish strong while also keeping my pace in the middle. Every Avenue has obviously figured this pattern out as their album does that exact strategy.

myspace.com/everyavenue

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11.
06:18 AM on 12/18/09
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
I was a high school cross-country runner too.
Not a fan of this band though.
08:09 AM on 12/18/09
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
Disagree on "Tell Me I'm A Wreck," love it.
08:35 AM on 12/18/09
...atfirstsight
User Info.
Yeah... "Tell Me I'm A Wreck" was the best song on the album, IMO... The little part in the second verse that goes "But I think we just want different things. I want space, you want a diamond ring." gets stuck in my head every time...
10:14 AM on 12/18/09
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
User Info.
i agree for the most part, but i do like tell me i'm a wreck.
10:28 AM on 12/18/09
fanberlinboy
Having trouble inside my skin...
User Info.
Completely disagree on Tell Me I'm a Wreck. Super catchy, too.
11:29 AM on 12/18/09
Dubui_209
This is endless and I know.
User Info.
01:36 PM on 12/18/09
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"As a high school cross country runner, I learned that the key to running a good race was to start and finish strong while also keeping my pace in the middle. Every Avenue has obviously figured this out as their album contradicts that exact strategy."

What were you trying to say there... You do mean that that by saying "contradicts" that would would mean they did the opposite of that strategy... Right?
04:27 AM on 12/19/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not the best review. And strongly disagree about Tell Me I'm A Wreck - it's the most radio friendly thing this band has ever written
10:11 PM on 01/03/10
nathaniel
User Info.
I thought Shh...Just Go With It was ok, but I really like this album. They really stepped it up this time. Some of the songs are still a little generic, but it's enjoyable to listen to.
07:42 PM on 03/29/10
Pulson229
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Discussions are always the main source of accurate information and to ensure a comfortable results, you can get immediate and reliable information, which will definitely help you in every area of your concern.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests