AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Thereforeiam News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Therefore I Am Auctioning Drum for Charity

Posted by - 07:58 PM on 11/27/09
Therefore I Am are auctioning off a custom built and painted drum for charity. Full details are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
07:58 PM on 11/27/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Hey everyone,

This summer on Warped Tour we had the great opportunity to build a drum to benefit the <a href="http://www.pswausa.org">Prader-Willi Syndrome Association</a> and it's now up for auction on eBay. It's for a great cause that we support and we encourage you to bid and we'll even throw in a free copy of our album "The Sound of Human Lives" and a poster as an extra thanks for your support. If you want to know more information about PWSA please read below. Please at least check it out and inform yourself about this illness that effects more people than you'd think and spread the word. Many other bands contributed drums and items to the auction so take a look.

CHECK OUT AND BID HERE: http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Drum-hand...e m2ea95c116f

Much love,
TIA

Custom drum built and hand painted by

THEREFORE I AM

Announcing a very special Warped Tour charity auction to benefit the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association

Unite The United is honored to host this charity auction in the memory of a special little guy, 5 year old Christopher Huff, who died suddenly in his sleep on November 16, 2007 from Prader-Willi Syndrome. He passed away just hours after participating in a special build-a-drum workshop for children.

To bring attention to this little known disease, we have brought the build-a-drum workshop out on to the Warped Tour where many of the bands on the tour built and hand painted their own drums to raise much needed funds to further Prader-Willi research efforts.

PWSA (USA) is an organization of families and professionals working together to promote and fund research, provide education, and offer support to enhance the quality of life of those affected by Prader-Willi syndrome.

Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) is the most common known genetic cause of life-threatening obesity in children. Although the cause is complex it results from an abnormality on the 15th chromosome. It occurs in males and females equally and in all races.

The above photos were provided by Pattie Kelley-Huff, Christopher’s mom. Christopher passed away in his sleep, unexpectedly; early the next morning after he had attended the workshop Build a Drum Workshop. The first photo above is of Christopher just after he selected his drum. Much like a seashell to one's ear, Christopher said he heard this particular drum whisper to him that it belonged to him when he placed it to his ear. You also see a photo of Christopher and Stan, the founder of Build A Drum, finishing up his masterpiece. And the final photo, is the last photo ever taken of Christopher, hugging his drum, sound asleep. Christopher slept with his drum that night. He was so proud of it!

From Christopher's Mom,

“My family is thrilled with the opportunity to raise funds for the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association in memory of my youngest son, Christopher. He passed away in his sleep, unexpectedly, early the next morning after he had attended the workshop and built his fabulous drum with Stan. It would be our honor to help and assist with this project.”

Please join us in the effort to raise funds and awareness. When you purchase one of these special drums, all funds will be donated TO PWSA (USA) for medical research in Christopher Huff’s name

For more information on this cause, please visit, http://www.pwsausa.org

Thank you for your support!

Each drum is 12” tall x 9” at top 5” at the base and weighs approx. 3lbs 3.7 oz

Check out the drum we built and bid on it here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Drum-hand...e m2ea95c116f

Unite The United Chairity Drum Auction
Unite The United is honored to host this charity auction in the memory of a special little guy, 5 year old Christopher Huff, who died suddenly in his sleep on November 16, 2007 from Prader-Willi Syndrome. He passed away just hours after participating in a special build-a-drum workshop for children. Drums painted by The Devil Wears Prada, Senses Fail, Arturo Vega, POS and many more. Check out this link for details and to bid!! Would make a great Xmass gift for a Warped fan and help a great cause. Slideshow after the jump has some great shots of the drums

About this nonprofit:
The Unite The United Foundation is a public 501 (c) (3) non-profit, fundraising organization founded by the producers of the Vans Warped Tour Rockstar Taste of Chaos Tour and Mayhem Festival. It is our mission to encourage fans, artists and industry leaders from the music, touring and action sports worlds to work toward a positive change in our national community by supporting grassroots charities and participating in community volunteerism events across the United States.
08:11 PM on 11/27/09
Ryzenfall
makin' good time
User Info.
Cool thing these guys are doing. That's tragic about Christopher, but I'm glad there will be people helping out for the whole tour.
09:18 PM on 11/27/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Really cool. A bunch of other bands did this as well: http://shop.ebay.com/unitetheunited/...rom=&_ipg=2 5
09:31 PM on 11/27/09
xinthisdimlight
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thats really awesome. i definetly support this and will check out the auction
11:13 PM on 11/27/09
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Really cool.
04:28 PM on 11/28/09
eclypsion