Username
Password
Acoustic News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Acoustic
Inside AP.net

Heavy and Light 2010

Posted by: Steve Henderson (12/03/09)
To Write Love on Her Arms will host Heavy and Light on January 9, 2010 at the House of Blues Orlando. The show will feature acoustic performances by Mat Kearney, Aaron Gillespie (Underoath/The Almost), Bryce Avary (The Rocket Summer), Stephen Christian (Anberlin), Aaron Marsh (Copeland), Zach Williams and Damion Suomi.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39.
11:22 AM on 12/03/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
WHAT: “A few years ago, we started imagining these nights that could be more than music, nights where you could fill a room with hope and honesty, nights where you could also point to community and treatment,” said Jamie Tworkowski, founder of TWLOHA.

"Heavy and Light is sort of a dream come true for us. We're given the keys to this amazing venue, to basically put whatever and whoever we want on that stage. The goal is something truly unique. It’s not a "benefit show”. It's an attempt to challenge and inspire and encourage. More than
anything, Heavy and Light is an attempt to move people, with songs and with stories and with a taste of community..." said Jamie.

Back in January 2009, the 2nd annual Heavy and Light saw over 1,600 people come out to the House of Blues in Orlando, from throughout the Southeast and beyond. This year’s Heavy and Light will host acoustic performances by Mat Kearney, Aaron Gillespie (Underoath/The Almost), Bryce Avary (The Rocket Summer), Stephen Christian (Anberlin), Aaron Marsh (Copeland), Zach Williams and Damion Suomi.

This year will also mark the Heavy and Light debut of spoken word poet Anis Mojgani (2007 National Individual and World Poetry Slam Champion).

Spin Magazine covered last year’s event. You can check out the amazing encore of the show, a cover of the Beatles’ “With a Little Help from My Friends” here: http://www.spin.com/articles/exclusi...-cover-beatles

To purchase tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/22...1&minorcatid=1

WHEN: Saturday January 9th, 2010 | Doors 7:00 pm | Show 8:00 pm | Tickets $18

WHERE: House of Blues | 1490 E. Buena Vista Dr. | Orlando, FL

To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help
for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage,inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery and was founded by JamieTworkowski in 2006. For more info on To Write Love On Her Arms, please visit: www.twloha.com.
11:52 AM on 12/03/09
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
solid lineup
11:55 AM on 12/03/09
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
I'd love to see this one year, the line-ups have been so good, and this year is no exception.
11:58 AM on 12/03/09
dan sings
Exactly, right!?
User Info.
anis mojgani. great poet.
12:03 PM on 12/03/09
drawndead
Bllllratttt
User Info.
too bad i live in jersey
12:05 PM on 12/03/09
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
I got an e-mail about this the other week and have been jealous of Floridians ever since.
12:10 PM on 12/03/09
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
its like a show of the gods of olympus.
12:11 PM on 12/03/09
duhpunk
i get my energy from my inner G
User Info.
i might have to go. i'm always up for seeing Stephen Christian.
12:16 PM on 12/03/09
xBLACKOUTx
I'm paid to make girls panic.
User Info.
Going to this, should be a great time. Aaron Marsh and Gillespie are always great.
12:23 PM on 12/03/09
Jordan_Huyser
User Info.
Too bad I live in Michigan. If I lived in Florida... I'd so be there. I mean.... Aaron, Bryce, Stephen, and Aaron...all on one night. It would be truly incredible to see.
01:03 PM on 12/03/09
DanielJames
User Info.
Aaron Marsh!? Damnit I wish I could go, but last time I checked Florida was a little far from Ohio.
01:06 PM on 12/03/09
ajaggedpulse
m
User Info.
twloha is a joke.
01:08 PM on 12/03/09
NateGolubiewski
So it goes.
User Info.
Hopefully they can spread this throughout the states in the future. TWLOHA is a great cause and this seems like an awesome event to attend.
01:08 PM on 12/03/09
Ryzenfall
makin' good time
User Info.
Hollow apathy is a joke.

Good lineup, but I'm not going to be in the area. Maybe this will be recorded, I'm interested to hear some of their acoustic performances.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS