AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 36 posts.
01:23 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
If you can't find enjoyment from one Radiohead song you should not be trusted.
01:24 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Pop punk <<<<<< Radiohead
01:31 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Never said it wasn't. It's more a shot at the people who come into the indie threads just to say that Blink 182 is better than Radiohead or that they hate Radiohead.
01:32 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Mozart >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Radiohead
That's what I was getting at.
01:35 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
i'd love to see the correlation between people that don't like radiohead and people that love sugarcoated "pop punk", "power pop", and cheesy metalcore.
We could run the null hypothesis and know with absolute certainty that it is true before running the poll.
01:40 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I've felt more from certain pop punk songs than I've felt from any Radiohead song. Cue arguments that pop punk is shallow and Radiohead is too deep for my comprehension.
Yeah, I know what you are saying. I can understand from your standpoint that you have related more to pop punk than Radiohead, but that's more on the grounds that you, as a music reviewer, are more open to and exposed to more music than most kids that are going to flat out say "I hate Radiohead, Blink is the best band in the world."

substance/subjective/substance/subjective

Gets muddled doesn't it?
01:42 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Radiohead's probably my favorite modern band and I love power pop! Although my definition of power pop is probably different than that of most people on this site. I love shit like The Exploding Hearts.
The Thermals are a band I consider "power pop" and they are one of my favorite bands.
01:47 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Come on. That's just not fair. That's like saying there's a correlation between ACDC and Lady Gaga, just because they're both popular. Poor, poor argument.

There are a lot of people on this website, as one example, that do not like Radiohead. Most of them like cheesy pop punk. That's a fair example.
Thank you, Dan. That's what I was trying to say with the ">>>" thing. In a way I'm being fasicious, but it's true in a lot of ways. Said and done, I think it's sad how ill-tuned some people's ears are to (well, what I consider to be) 'good music.' They are missing out.
01:50 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Their music is not main stream. That is the point he/she was making. So comparing an artist with mainstream music like Britney Spears to a popular artist that makes non-mainstream music is not fair.
/thread.

Dan, we need to round out the final spot on my pop culture debate team. You in?
01:53 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Do a lot of homosexual people drive Hondas? Show me the numbers.

There is a giant cross over. Again, this is pretty basic math.

Again, you need it spelled out how you making >>>> statements about pop-punk music is ironic? Really?

It's ironic. Which is why I used that term. Now I'm just repeating myself.

What pop-punk artists are twice your age? You can have the opinion all you want. It's still IRONIC. I didn't say it was WRONG. I didn't say you couldn't have it. I said it was IRONIC.
Ahhh, that's the point he is making. It's philosophical argument based off of one that you tried, and failed, to construct.
02:02 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
... no idea what you're responding to here.
Me either. I'll just watch you and Dan duke it out.
02:26 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
So it was said here today by Jason Tate, Blink 182's last album was not pop punk.
Needs to be pointed out. I thought that statement was laughable, especially coming from him.
02:37 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Oh, ok. So, because I play in a band that's not pop punk, I can't classify things as pop punk.

You on the other hand run a website with punk in the name, which must make you an expert on punk music.
Jeez, Dan, before I can even say something you're right there.
02:45 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
A lot of things that you would call indie these days is mainstream. You're doing really awesome in this thread. Keep it up.
I was just talking about this with a friend the other day. Most movies/commercials are using music that is under the 'indie' umbrella...passion pit and phoenix are both on various commercials. At what point does 'indie' sound become so widespread that it isn't really 'indie' anymore. Basically, 'indie' is mainstream right now. I think on a mass level, 'indie' music is becoming the popular form of music. MGMT is another great example.
02:51 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
hahaah! dude....

Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music