Registered Member
User Info.
Most over rated band of the decade.
Nah man.
01:21 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
It's nice to see an article in a popular music magazine that isn't sucking Radiohead's dick, for once.

(I enjoyed The Bends and Ok Computer--but honestly their new stuff isn't that fantastic)
Their newer stuff is better...
01:24 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
It's not a poorly written article and the author never says that Radiohead is a bad band, just that they're not flawless. I happen to agree with this, Radiohead has made some songs that I like but I never understood the huge pedestal that people put this band on.
Well he does say "Radiohead kinda blow."
01:25 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
Amazing != "brilliance, innovation, and weird dark intensity have to be respected."

Plenty of people don't think The Beatles are amazing.
Those people would be wrong though.
01:33 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
If you believe amazing is an absolute construct. Sure.
I mean obviously not everyone has to like their music... but I think it would be kind of ridiculous for someone to claim that what they did for pop and rock music and the influence they've had is anything short of "amazing."
01:37 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
i'd love to see the correlation between people that don't like radiohead and people that love sugarcoated "pop punk", "power pop", and cheesy metalcore.
Radiohead's probably my favorite modern band and I love power pop! Although my definition of power pop is probably different than that of most people on this site. I love shit like The Exploding Hearts.
01:44 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
The Thermals are a band I consider "power pop" and they are one of my favorite bands.
I love them as well. Good taste!
01:46 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
Their music is not main stream. That is the point he/she was making. So comparing an artist with mainstream music like Britney Spears to a popular artist that makes non-mainstream music is not fair.
It kind of is mainstream though. They have a huge following. Just because it sounds different than other music in the maintream (and is much better and more challenging) doesn't mean it isn't reaching a mainstream audience.
01:47 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
they haven't been even remotely mainstream since the bends.
That's not true.
01:49 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't get how people are saying Radiohead isn't mainstream. They're a fucking huge band.
01:51 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
But we're not talking about whether people like this band (the group of people) and their level of success. We are talking about Radiohead's music and whether or not it warrants the high amount of praise it receives.
What does the amount of praise it receives have to do with how mainstream they are?
01:52 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
They are, but they don't make generic, recycled music, which is what the word sometimes insinuates.
Yea, I guess I don't see it like that. Mainstream is judged by number of albums/tickets sold I think. (that's an ugly sentence but fuck it)
01:55 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
popularity doesn't equal mainstream. fucking nickelback are mainstream. they write safe music for mass consumption by the lowest common denominator. that's mainstream.
We just have different definitions then. Radiohead's music isn't easily accessible for the most part but they're still a mainstream band.
01:57 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
Did any of you fucking idiots actually read the article? And if you read it, did you actually comprehend it? Clearly not.

He raises a few good points about the band while still making it obvious that he clearly loves them.

It's peoples reactions to things like this that make me hate humanity. Grow a brain.
Yea man, the article sucks.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version