Username
Password
Radiohead News - Page 36
Displaying posts 525 - 540 of 611.
08:54 AM on 12/08/09
thegodofmusic
My Username Is A Joke
User Info.
Apparently the joke is on you, because the author of the article actually likes Radiohead.
But really though, the joke is on you because Radiohead is terrible regardless of what anyone thinks.
09:03 AM on 12/08/09
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
A 3 year old child can put everything together himself. How it's put together matters ... hey, I like a lot of bad and untalented music. No harm in admitting that.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/talent
Everything he puts together works well. Talent as defined by you says that a person has a natural ability or aptitude for something. Dan has been writing music since he was a young teenager and hasn't stopped since. I'd say it's pretty clear that he does have a natural ability to create music. After all his catalog of songs is about as large as most full bands that have been around for 5 or more years.
That dictionary also defines talent as a capacity for achievement or success and he has been signed to the same record label as Bon Jovi, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, and Def Leppard just to name a few.
09:05 AM on 12/08/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
Everything he puts together works well. Talent as defined by you says that a person has a natural ability or aptitude for something. Dan has been writing music since he was a young teenager and hasn't stopped since. I'd say it's pretty clear that he does have a natural ability to create music. After all his catalog of songs is about as large as most full bands that have been around for 5 or more years.
That dictionary also defines talent as a capacity for achievement or success and he has been signed to the same record label as Bon Jovi, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, and Def Leppard just to name a few.
... and was dropped by said record label for not being able to sell any music. Can't call that a resounding success or achievement by any means.

And talent is not defined by simply doing. My neighbors swims every day, has since he was a young teenager, doesn't mean he's talented at it. By comparison ... Michael Phelps is. There's a profound difference between just doing something - and being talented.
09:21 AM on 12/08/09
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
... and was dropped by said record label for not being able to sell any music. Can't call that a resounding success or achievement by any means.

And talent is not defined by simply doing. My neighbors swims every day, has since he was a young teenager, doesn't mean he's talented at it. By comparison ... Michael Phelps is. There's a profound difference between just doing something - and being talented.
But Island Records did sign him which is a feat for a 19 year old boy from Texas that makes music in his basement studio. I know he was dropped but he still did achieve what many bands do not by being signed to them even if it was only for one album.
It's true that there is a difference between doing something and being talented at it. Your neighbor swims, who says he's not talented at it? It's hard to tell how talented someone is at something unless you also do that activity, and it's even harder to prove someones talent.

I would like to ask you why you find him void of any talent.
09:31 AM on 12/08/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
But Island Records did sign him which is a feat for a 19 year old boy from Texas that makes music in his basement studio. I know he was dropped but he still did achieve what many bands do not by being signed to them even if it was only for one album.
It's true that there is a difference between doing something and being talented at it. Your neighbor swims, who says he's not talented at it? It's hard to tell how talented someone is at something unless you also do that activity, and it's even harder to prove someones talent.

I would like to ask you why you find him void of any talent.
Because I've heard his music.

And getting signed is not very hard. Anyone that tells you differently - is wrong.
09:33 AM on 12/08/09
JesseJames
User Info.

1 copeland was dropped so they must suck

2 Jason blogs about how the new PRP is a big improvement and its something he would even consider listening to on a "regular basis'".
09:35 AM on 12/08/09
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
Because I've heard his music.

And getting signed is not very hard. Anyone that tells you differently - is wrong.
You've heard his music, what about struck you as talentless? You're asking me why I find him talented and I gave me several reasons (including ones that referenced your definition of talented). Surely you can come up with several reasons why you find him talentless.
09:36 AM on 12/08/09
manball788
User Info.
people that don't like radiohead have a less developed mind.
09:40 AM on 12/08/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
1 copeland was dropped so they must suck
Never said that. They were definitely not a success (which is what I said). Nice try.

2 Jason blogs about how the new PRP is a big improvement and its something he would even consider listening to on a "regular basis'".
My words stand pretty damn well ... and it doesn't say what you imply it does. Good thing the actual words are there for all to read.
09:41 AM on 12/08/09
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
Never really tried to get into Radiohead.
09:42 AM on 12/08/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
You've heard his music, what about struck you as talentless? You're asking me why I find him talented and I gave me several reasons (including ones that referenced your definition of talented). Surely you can come up with several reasons why you find him talentless.
You didn't give a single reason from the definition of talented that stands up. That he was signed to a label? Most record labels are known for signing untalented hacks.

I spend every hour of every day listening to new bands/new music. What he's doing/did -- is being done by 100's - literally hundreds - of other people. When virtually anyone can do it ...
09:45 AM on 12/08/09
JesseJames
User Info.
I spend every hour of every day listening to new bands/new music. What he's doing/did -- is being done by 100's - literally hundreds - of other people. When virtually anyone can do it ...
How many thousands of people are making the new style of music hes making
09:46 AM on 12/08/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
I think the only point being in this thread is to not read Spin. But, then again, that's a subjectively aligned statement.
I think the main point is ... you're never really going to convince anyone to think differently than they already do on a topic.
09:46 AM on 12/08/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
How many thousands of people are making the new style of music hes making
... is your answer not in your question?
09:47 AM on 12/08/09
JesseJames
User Info.
... is your answer not in your question?
Please show me thousands of bands that sounds like the new songs hes been releasing. youre making the assertion so back it up
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums