Username
Password
All American Rejects News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
All American Rejects
Inside AP.net

All American Rejects Give Billboard Hell

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (12/09/09)
All American Rejects' "Gives You Hell" has been named the #1 Most Played Song of 2009 on Billboard's Top 40 Chart. Press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 104
04:51 PM on 12/09/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Press Release
The Los Angeles Times proclaims, “Kick-start rockers like the gleeful kiss-off ‘Gives You Hell’” is “Relentlessly hooky” and “Time immortal.”

“’Gives You Hell’ is the first single off When the World Comes Down, the band's third full-length, and it's just as snotty as pop-punk needs to be with anthemic major-key riffs, angst-laden lyrics and a driving 4/4 beat.”
–Artist Direct

“’Gives You Hell’ is filled with a cleverly snarky attitude. The attitude of "Dirty Little Secret" is here in full force, and you will likely find yourself singing along. If the chorus wasn't catchy enough, the band accents the point with a crowd singalong to close out the track.” –Absolute Punk.net

"Gives You Hell," the lead single off of The All-American Rejects' current album, When the World Comes Down, has officially been named the #1 Most Played Song of 2009 on Billboard’s Top 40 Chart, edging out the competition that included Lady Gaga, The Black Eyed Peas, Flo Rida and Taylor Swift.

“We are thrilled that we have been played relentlessly over the past year, hopefully people aren’t too sick of us by now,” said Rejects front man Tyson Ritter. “But truly, we have the best fans in the world. It’s because of them that this band is where we are. They are the ones who kept our song on the charts and on the radio for so long and we thank them.”

"Gives You Hell" spent four weeks at #1 on the Top 40 charts making it the group’s first #1 song on Mainstream Top 40 and Adult Top 40 Tracks charts. The song was also their first to break into the top five on Billboard’s Hot 100 and stayed in the Billboard top 10 for over 13 weeks. With over 3.3 million copies in digital sales alone, these stats make “Gives You Hell” the band’s most successful single to date.

The successes of 2009 have paved the way for an exciting 2010 with The All-American Rejects. The band has locked in major appearances such as performing at this year’s Winter Olympics at the Whistler Medals Plaza, a high profile performance for Direct TV at Super Bowl XLIV and a Direct TV special set to air in February, with more exciting news and details to be announced.

The multi-platinum rockers first scored commercial success with the single, “Swing Swing” from their self-titled long play debut, The All-American Rejects. The album went on to sell over one million records and was certified platinum. They toured tirelessly and in July 2005, presented their fans with, Move Along. The second album produced the smash hits, “Dirty Little Secret,” “It Ends Tonight,” and the LP’s inspiring anthemic title track. “Dirty Little Secret,” “Move Along” and “It Ends Tonight” all reached top ten on the Billboard Hot 100 and went double platinum as did the overall album.

The band is currently on a whirlwind tour promoting their third studio album. For more information and current tour dates please visit their website- www.allamericanrejects.com
04:54 PM on 12/09/09
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
well then
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Look who's quoted... although I can't find the review to which the quote is attributed.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
I had no idea that song was that popular.
04:55 PM on 12/09/09
musicsavesme
User Info.
music business= in da shitter
04:57 PM on 12/09/09
FueledByRock
Michael Jackson. A million dollars.
User Info.
This song was on the radio multiple times a day this past summer. I can't stand it anymore.
04:58 PM on 12/09/09
Nick Hull
I want you to know
User Info.
How did they beat out Taylor Swift?
05:00 PM on 12/09/09
hiya
User Info.
I would have guessed Taylor or Miley to have the #1 most played song, interesting.
05:01 PM on 12/09/09
lbc182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When I first head this song I knew it would be huge. Taylor Swift has to be #2
05:02 PM on 12/09/09
Why Bother?
#SOSVenezuela
User Info.
Not surprised. Damn great song and insanely addictive.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
User Info.
Wow. I like the song, but did not see that coming.
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
It's not hard to see why this song is THAT popular. Sadly, the Rejects are far more capable than songs like that. Regardless, I'm very happy for the guys that they saw this much success with just one song.
05:04 PM on 12/09/09
karadoll
Open up a little happiness today.
User Info.
I love the song. Heard it thousands of time, but I still love it.
05:07 PM on 12/09/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Look who's quoted... although I can't find the review to which the quote is attributed.
I reviewed that album, but I sure never said that haha

Not sure who it's quoting -- might be a user, which doesn't really count.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests