From First to Last News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 100 of 100.
09:00 AM on 12/12/09
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
matt's getting better in my book
wtf is travis?! he still in the band? wasn't at the show on wednesday

as far as i know he still plays in the band?

This is goood. I think they are going to be on better footing with this record than their last.

agreed. I think herione was awesome then sonny, who was a major key to creating the sound found of herione, left. Then the band tried to go back to their old style but to put it short- it didn't work out. It sounded generic and blehhh... but everything i have heard from the new album rocks. I think they are starting to find their sound again.
09:08 AM on 12/12/09
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
agreed. I think herione was awesome then sonny, who was a major key to creating the sound found of herione, left. Then the band tried to go back to their old style but to put it short- it didn't work out. It sounded generic and blehhh... but everything i have heard from the new album rocks. I think they are starting to find their sound again.
My thoughts as well. With the last record, they kind of kind of had to figure out how to put the band back together and be a new band as well. So it was bound to be rocky. I saw these guys play like a month ago and they have a really good balance now as a band and the news songs really stood out. I'm pretty anxious to hear this whole record.
04:02 PM on 12/12/09
coltonfears
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ok, your age does go with your incoherent post, so ill let that slide. i know matt started the band, which is why the first ep sucks also. dear diary is full of generic melidocore, and i think, even though no one agrees with meon this site, that heroin was their best work, but a majority of that could have done with borland. get the fuck over it? whats there to get over? am i pining the loss of some generic midrange band that never made a dent in the scene? his voice is just awful and he cannot sing. gerard way can. as I previously stated, I dont like the direction they went in after three cheers, and am cautiously optimistic for the new album, but at least the dude can hold a tune. there is a reason this guy stopped being the singer in the first place
didnt put a dent in the scene??? hahahah and borland played the bass riffs that bloom made up
04:08 PM on 12/12/09
guitarliketom
i'm still here?
User Info.
didnt put a dent in the scene??? hahahah and borland played the bass riffs that bloom made up
lets compare dents made by post hardcore bands:

from first to last : thursday
from first to last : thrice
from first to last : poison the well
from first to last : funeral for a friend
from first to last : underoath
from first to last : the used
from first to last : atreyu

i dont even enjoy half of those bands, but at least they have made a musical/technical impact in something. unfortunately fftl is along with emery, emmanuel, and all those other bands that had their 15 min and never really meant anything on a grand scheme.
09:28 PM on 12/13/09
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
I can dig it.
10:14 PM on 12/13/09
coltonfears
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lets compare dents made by post hardcore bands:

from first to last : thursday
from first to last : thrice
from first to last : poison the well
from first to last : funeral for a friend
from first to last : underoath
from first to last : the used
from first to last : atreyu

i dont even enjoy half of those bands, but at least they have made a musical/technical impact in something. unfortunately fftl is along with emery, emmanuel, and all those other bands that had their 15 min and never really meant anything on a grand scheme.
ok yah like sonny and fftl didnt make scene kids in loove with them. ive meant so many scene kids who are into them, ur dumb man
08:44 AM on 12/14/09
guitarliketom
i'm still here?
User Info.
ok yah like sonny and fftl didnt make scene kids in loove with them. ive meant so many scene kids who are into them, ur dumb man
and after all, scene kids are what determine the longevity of a band and don't just follow the flavor of the week.
07:12 AM on 12/17/09
Hockeywall
Drink Beer, Play Hockey
User Info.
When I first heard the instrumentation, I thought it might be a step in the right direction for the band. And then the vocals came in.

Me too. I'm not too picky on vocals, but this is nooo good
11:30 AM on 12/17/09
coltonfears
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Me too. I'm not too picky on vocals, but this is nooo good
sorry but matt good is GOOD, ur just jelouse cuz u cant sing like him. i understand. and if you dont like it THEN DONT FUCKIN LISTEN TO IT. go listen to sonnys solo stuff, im sure you would love that
02:45 PM on 12/17/09
Hockeywall
Drink Beer, Play Hockey
User Info.
sorry but matt good is GOOD, ur just jelouse cuz u cant sing like him. i understand. and if you dont like it THEN DONT FUCKIN LISTEN TO IT. go listen to sonnys solo stuff, im sure you would love that

Where did I mention I think Sonny is better or anything along those lines? Just saying, instrumentally I think it's good... vocals, I think they could be better. I'm curious about how this band follows up their self-titled.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums