Username
Password
TV News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 47.
12:32 PM on 12/11/09
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Haha, who would say that! I love these guys, although the performance wasn't all that great.
some of the myspace songs are a bit better but i just can't get into it. and the vocals in this video are really bad like someone doing karaoke as a joke haha.
12:59 PM on 12/11/09
doppelganger
katy song
User Info.
ok performance
02:08 PM on 12/11/09
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
I can see people wrote how the vocals are off-setting, and I agree, but I think it gives this band that uniqueness. Really good album, but this wasn't really that good of a performance.
02:48 PM on 12/11/09
Zeran
Vampire
User Info.
these guys look so goddamn hipster.
03:01 PM on 12/11/09
bisforbiology
User Info.
i dig the music but this guy's voice is horrible. ive checked out other live videos and i cant take him serious.
03:26 PM on 12/11/09
underthetalking
La Marea Roja
User Info.
I saw this band earlier this year at Central Park and it was one of the best performances I have ever seen. This video is definitely sub par. Don't let this fool you, they are quite stellar live.
03:36 PM on 12/11/09
steveC
User Info.
i have a tendency to start watching live videos and then continue to listen while doing other things so i can't really comment on the actual performance but it sounded fine. i don't own the cd but i do have the reeling and from what i've seen/heard them do live the vocals sounded fine (and better than the recorded version imo, but this is based on the studio version of the reeling only). i'm not not really sure why everyone's saying it was a bad vocal performance. albeit it wasn't amazing and probably not their best, but i would by no means say it was bad
04:36 PM on 12/11/09
fishingthe_sky
armadillohotel.blogspot.c om
User Info.
But...but...have you heard the record?!
Yes. I think it's pretty catchy, and the vocals work on a studio recording. That doesn't excuse them from the fact that they sound like shit live. It's a stupid decision on the vocalist's part.
05:08 PM on 12/11/09
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Decent performance. Still would love to see these guys.
07:58 PM on 12/11/09
marina_starr
User Info.
they definitely needed a few background singers for this guy. it just doesn't sound the same.
11:28 PM on 12/11/09
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
Yes. I think it's pretty catchy, and the vocals work on a studio recording. That doesn't excuse them from the fact that they sound like shit live. It's a stupid decision on the vocalist's part.

i was being kinda faceitious, and i'm drunk now, so anything goes. you're totally right now.
12:11 AM on 12/12/09
say no to scene
User Info.
holy synthcore, batman
06:31 AM on 12/12/09
maffy
User Info.
it's weird seeing them on a big stage like this.
i feel as though they should be crammed together on a small stage in some smaller venue.

anyway, if i didn't already love this band; i wouldn't be sold on them based upon this showing.
02:26 AM on 12/13/09
0s0
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like this band and I thought Manners was super bomb.

Unfortunately they suck live. I saw them at Treasure Island, and man - the crowd was unanimous: not only were the vocals terrible, but they have no stage presence. Plus they have so many backing tracks going on, it's ridiculous. At one point, the click in the click track was playing through the speakers. It was embarrassing. But seriously the vocals on the CD are layered and layered and live it's just him, and it just does not sound good. It sounds like a drunk dude trying to hit the falsetto notes at a karaoke club.
09:41 PM on 12/13/09
FiringPartyRule
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
my man puts on a fucking clinic in how to make good electronic music. myspace solo artists of the internet, get out a pad and take some notes.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS