Username
Password
Lovedrug News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Lovedrug
Inside AP.net

Show Review: Lovedrug

Posted by: Adrian Villagomez (12/12/09)
One of our users recently wrote up a Lovedrug show review.
Show ReviewIt's a hometown show for Lovedrug, a band that has suffered as victims to both burglars and arsonists, and to the music industry itself. With a stolen and burnt trailer and van combo years behind them, the band has returned to the bare-bones approach of doing-it-yourself: no-label, no problem.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
02:57 PM on 12/12/09
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
User Info.
That was a really nice. I've seen these guys probably 10+ times, but the last two times, they seemed terribly bored and miserable. Good to hear they're having fun again.

I'm super jealous of Pretend You're Alive and Down Toward Healing.
04:59 PM on 12/12/09
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Yeah, easily one of my favorite bands. I hope they don't ever stop. They continue to pump out good records.

This is one band I still have not seen live but would love to.
05:26 PM on 12/12/09
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
They played a fraternity house basement show at my college before they released their first full-length, and it was such a fun show. There were only like 20 of us in the audience but that didn't stop them from rocking.
05:29 PM on 12/12/09
leifstar
l.i.a.r.
User Info.
Just started to get into them, I don't know how what took me so long to find them.
05:36 PM on 12/12/09
DecemberFaded
Streets ahead.
User Info.
they're a terrible band.

i normally wouldn't care to comment if i don't like bands but i couldn't help but share my opinion about this band.

when i saw them they seemed completely uninterested in their own songs and it showed. the lead singer went on and on about ridiculous inside jokes and received zero response from the audience. by the end of their set the crowd was heckling and cheered (louder than anyone had in response to any of their lame songs) when the band left the stage.

i didn't think i'd ever say this but this band is so horrendous i'd rather see nickelback live.

rant over.

this band's a joke.

the end.
06:09 PM on 12/12/09
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
they're a terrible band.

i normally wouldn't care to comment if i don't like bands but i couldn't help but share my opinion about this band.

when i saw them they seemed completely uninterested in their own songs and it showed. the lead singer went on and on about ridiculous inside jokes and received zero response from the audience. by the end of their set the crowd was heckling and cheered (louder than anyone had in response to any of their lame songs) when the band left the stage.

i didn't think i'd ever say this but this band is so horrendous i'd rather see nickelback live.

rant over.

this band's a joke.

the end.
06:41 PM on 12/12/09
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
i haven't seen them since 2006 and i really miss them =(
06:42 PM on 12/12/09
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
they're a terrible band.

rant over.

this band's a joke.

the end.
i've heard mixed things about their recent live shows, but have you ever listened to their music? i love all three of their albums but the first two are both brilliant
07:31 PM on 12/12/09
NathanJohn85
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The new songs restore so much hope in this band for me.
08:38 PM on 12/12/09
ninthandash
ninthandash.com
User Info.
I've seen them twice. They were one of my favorite bands at the time that I saw them, right after the release of Pretend You're Alive. They absolutely killed it, and were the best band of the night. I saw them another time after Everything Starts... and I started to feel a little bit of cynicism/strange attitude from the lead singer (as so noted above here.)

I just was really disappointed with their efforts past that album. I feel like they just got really burned out and sick of everything, and it really showed in how they carried themselves and how they wrote music. This seems to be good news, based on the favorable review.
09:03 PM on 12/12/09
punk89
User Info.
they're a terrible band.

rant over.

this band's a joke.

the end.
Wow. They really managed to get under your skin.

I like this band a lot. I saw them when they came here with Copeland and Lydia. Their live show didn't wow me, but it didn't make me want to go see Nickelback either.
09:46 PM on 12/12/09
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
they're a terrible band.

rant over.

this band's a joke.

the end.
Stop posting.
10:22 PM on 12/12/09
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Really good band. Those were some tragic events that happened to them, but it's nice to see them come back.
10:35 PM on 12/12/09
TheGoodnightMoon
cursed far more than I am praised
User Info.
Their first two albums are great but to be honest their live show was one of the worst things I have ever witnessed. Completely uninterested and they just went from one song to the next with no talking and standing completely still while performing. They were solid as hell but I might as well have just stayed home and listened to Pretend You're Alive.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums