Username
Password
Thereforeiam News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Thereforeiam
Inside AP.net

Therefore I Am An American Nightmare

Posted by: Steve Henderson (12/15/09)
Looks like Therefore I Am have been covering American Nightmare's "There's a Black Hole in the Shadow of the Pru" on the This Is New England tour. Video in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
06:47 PM on 12/15/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
06:51 PM on 12/15/09
the blues
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
07:06 PM on 12/15/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Ballsy of them. Sounds alright, but it's hard to tell from this video. Good to see that some kids know it though.

On a related note, they did a pretty sweet ATDI cover at Warped
07:25 PM on 12/15/09
Dre Okorley
User Info.
It's weird seeing American Nightmare get all of this pseudo-mainstream attention nowadays. Back then, no one really knew who they were except for within the hardcore kid scenes.

Anyway, NO one should be covering them.
07:27 PM on 12/15/09
xdylanx
User Info.
transit covered am/pm a few months ago with the singer from beartrap, it was pretty cool, looked more fun than this. shitty crowd.
07:32 PM on 12/15/09
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
TIA are one of the better bands out nowadays.
no bullshit, just honest, passionate music.
07:35 PM on 12/15/09
mickmadethelist
Troy and Abed on the iiiiiinternet
User Info.
Fucking awesome.

Hopefully someone can find better audio or they release this on a 7inch or something.
07:44 PM on 12/15/09
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
It's weird seeing American Nightmare get all of this pseudo-mainstream attention nowadays. Back then, no one really knew who they were except for within the hardcore kid scenes.

Really? I remember back when they were still around, the guys in Good Charlotte would wear Bane and AN hoodies when they were being interviewed on MTV. There was a lot of buzz about them, at least in the DC area where I'm from.
07:56 PM on 12/15/09
only the clouds
throw your body on the bad times
User Info.
I was at a small show where they covered this. There were actually some guys who got really into it and TIA sounded really good.
07:59 PM on 12/15/09
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Really solid band.
08:00 PM on 12/15/09
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.

I get the impression you don't like this band, which is okay because I don't really either and think their melody is kinda awkward and forced. That being said, how is a band who did some Warped Tour dates on one of the smaller stages even remotely "pseudo-"mainstream? And to what other "pseudo-mainstream" instances are you referring?

Gonna also disagree with your "no covering" rule, but I'm biased, as I couldn't find a ride to the last GUTG tour and ended up never seeing them. I'm stoked this album is finally old enough for it to not be that awkward when bands do the covers.

transit covered am/pm a few months ago with the singer from beartrap, it was pretty cool, looked more fun than this. shitty crowd.

I was at one of these particular shows when they did this. It was awesome. Then I saw Reviver (Utah hxc band) cover it at a NYC show with Defeater and Hostage Calm and no one knew it. Really not cool.
08:26 PM on 12/15/09
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
Ah, weird, I didn't know that. No, all I knew was I had at least 2 friends who immediately got A/N tattoos when they were blowing up then, and everyone was all pumped up to go to Hellfest to see them.

They're eh, but yeah. I guess you make some fair points. When I say "pseudo mainstream" I mean having more of a marketable, polished sound...I dunno, I guess I see what I mean, but can't quite put it into the right words.

I still stick by my opinions with the covering, but maybe I'm just stuck in the past. I think covering bands that really stuck out and had incredible stage presences/live shows can pay a great tribute to them, don't get me wrong! But there's a reason why those bands were there; they did it best. But I do respect bands that try to cover good songs.
Hellfest! I forgot about how big of a deal that was.
08:29 PM on 12/15/09
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Hellfest! I forgot about how big of a deal that was.
Yeah, I also see you and I are the same age.

Lol, about Hellfest... I lived in Ky at the time, so it was like a 10+ hour drive.

They still have the AM/PM Hellfest clip on You Tube:

08:35 PM on 12/15/09
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
Yeah, I also see you and I are the same age.

Lol, about Hellfest... I lived in Ky at the time, so it was like a 10+ hour drive.

They still have the AM/PM Hellfest clip on You Tube:

I couldn't see the clip you posted, but maybe I can find it on Youtube somewhere.

By the way, I'm jealous that you're in Philly now. Such a great scene- most of my favorite bands are from that area. My consolation is that I'm kind of close to the SF Bay Area now, which is where the rest of my favorite bands are from.

EDIT: Just saw the clip, that was awesome. It's funny that the bassist Jarvis is in Head Automatica now.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests