Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 52.
04:17 PM on 12/16/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
I own two of their albums, still very enjoyable pop-punk. "Business" is a great pop tune, and I remember seeing the video for "Hundred Million" on MTV2 (I assume they got a few plays in the states due to their allegiance with Sum 41 at the time) with an Avril cameo haha

Wide Awake Bored should have been a big hit in the USA, but for some reason, it was overlooked. Has a plethora of catchy hits on it.
04:25 PM on 12/16/09
Rid Ickulous
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mostly remember them from the lead singers romantic affair with Deryck from Sum 41.

I wish I was joking.
04:28 PM on 12/16/09
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
hell yea, love Detox
05:02 PM on 12/16/09
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
hahaha i loved this band's song "red" a LONG time ago. maybe 7th grade.
05:08 PM on 12/16/09
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
brand new low ftw
05:39 PM on 12/16/09
Spiffysthebest
Human Sacrifice
User Info.
I love Brand New Low. I liked it more than American Psycho despite how big that song got.

Oh man Kazaa!

No way! I used to watch treetoss every single year! One year they did rediculous Charlie's Angels thing with Ed as Charlie. They used to lite it on fire! Remember Master T? Rick the Temp? Our boyfriend George Stroumboulopoulos (yes I can spell it). We should do a Weekly Nostalgia for Much!!
06:32 PM on 12/16/09
ratmachine182
http://www.twitter.com/reiandcoke
User Info.
morale was a fucking amazing tune
06:34 PM on 12/16/09
ratmachine182
http://www.twitter.com/reiandcoke
User Info.

prior to them becoming pop punk sum 41 clones as u guys say (and i cant argue much, but greig nori did manage sum 41 just saying).... bill priddle used to sing way more of their songs and he was great.

also im surprised that this many americans know of them. were they really anything in the states until detox ...i kinda thought they were just one of those canadian radio/muchmusic bands that never made it south of the border
07:26 PM on 12/16/09
Capital H
Browntie
User Info.
I found out about them by watching the Tony Hawk Gigantic Skatepark Tour on ESPN. They were played on heavy rotation on that show.
07:40 PM on 12/16/09
SurfSkittles16
say what?
User Info.
Hundred Million was the jam
agreed. that was my favorite song for a long time.
07:45 PM on 12/16/09
onepartloss
User Info.
NHL 2002 exposed me to this band and I was super into Wide Awake Bored after that.

Apreesh.
07:59 PM on 12/16/09
foisol
EST 1986
User Info.
Yeah, I used to watch MusicMusic fanatically too. The Punk Show in particular was great, George introduced me to Refused and so many more great bands through that show. Even then, the channel wasn't perfect but it's sad to see what they've become. Almost all they do now is play Degrassi and reality shows, which sucks.
Sounds like what happened to MTV and Fuse for us in the United States... lame.
08:52 PM on 12/16/09
secondaryjon
User Info.
It's kind of nuts that people are shitting on Treble Charger for being "Sum 41 clones." Some in this thread have acknowledged Nori's managing Sum 41, but that wasn't his only service to this band. He produced every record except the last one; Underclass Hero was produced by Deryck himself and is complete shit. Not only did this man get them signed but he's also responsible for every hit they've ever put out. I'm fairly certain he played guitar on a lot of their albums as well. In sum (no pun intended), Sum 41 owes everything they have to Greig Nori.

Also, Treble Charger ruled.
08:56 PM on 12/16/09
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
wide awake bored ruled. nori became somewhat of a pretty good producer himelf. the autopilot off record he manned the boards for was great.
09:14 PM on 12/16/09
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Sounds like what happened to MTV and Fuse for us in the United States... lame.

Yeah, it sucks. I have family in Colorado and I was sad to see Fuse go downhill too the last time I visited.

It's kind of nuts that people are shitting on Treble Charger for being "Sum 41 clones." Some in this thread have acknowledged Nori's managing Sum 41, but that wasn't his only service to this band. He produced every record except the last one; Underclass Hero was produced by Deryck himself and is complete shit. Not only did this man get them signed but he's also responsible for every hit they've ever put out. I'm fairly certain he played guitar on a lot of their albums as well. In sum (no pun intended), Sum 41 owes everything they have to Greig Nori.

Also, Treble Charger ruled.

True. He actually didn't produce All Killer No Filler, Jerry Finn did but Nori was still helping out even then. I know for a fact that he played guitar for them on "Handle This."
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests