Password

Album Review

The Blood Brothers - Young Machetes Album Cover

The Blood Brothers - Young Machetes

Reviewed by
The Blood Brothers - Young Machetes
Record Label: V2
Release Date: October 10, 2006
This review is a user submitted review from crimes. You can see all of crimes's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
01:54 PM on 01/03/10
FullCollaspe
User Info.
This used to be my second least favorite Blood Bros. album, but I recently listened to it again and found myself enjoying it much more. Crimes, to me, looks very bland and forgettable compared to this album. They really find cool ways to incorporate pop influences in their songs.
10:55 PM on 01/03/10
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
I got into them when burn piano island came out I remember how disappointed I was when I got into this album that things were coming to an end for them it really saddened me but I do like jaguar love and past lives is actually opening for murder city devils I believe so that's pretty cool
09:20 AM on 01/05/10
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
hands down the strangest but best blood brothers album. they went out on a great note.
03:11 AM on 01/08/10
ManInMusicBox
Says the spider to the fly...
User Info.
Not a fan of the review; did not really cover the tracks really but hey, I suck at reviewing so i should not complain ;) All three of their albums are great. I guess I would have to say the 2nd album is my favorite since it is the album that I first heard when I discovered them. But I do believe that Young Matches was a great album and being the last of them it is completely fitting. I still get juiced listening to Set The Fire To The Face On Fire....that track murders!
01:03 PM on 01/09/10
You Won't Know
You're fuckin out and I'm fuckin in
User Info.
I like everything the Bloods have put out. What a cool concept: two brutal singers, one with a high end shriek and one with a lower, deeper scream, battling it out throughout their songs. Even cooler: they had the tremendous DIY work ethic and background that it has an extreme amount of artistic integrity and most importantly creativity.

This band was never an easy listen, and that was the point: They wanted to make great, insanely creative music on their own terms.

But for my money, Crimes and BPIB were my favs.
02:10 AM on 01/14/10
FormerClarity
Still bitter about the WBC. -pout-
User Info.
This used be a favourite of mine then I went back to the older ones. This is the introduction album to this band because otherwise they won't like the other stuff. The 'Catchier stuff'.

Still I love it and love this band. Too bad side projects aren't that great.

His voice is still as catchy and gut wrenching as if I was still 15.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos