Username
Password

02:54 AM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
TheBaroness
Melbourne, Australia
Female - 30 Years Old
yay, another Aussie!

Do you go to Resist Records in Newtown? That place fucking rules. I'm going to be in Syd next week, can't wait to hit that place up, as well as Kings Comics.
03:00 AM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
_Andrew
Is Cool.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by TheBaroness
yay, another Aussie!

Do you go to Resist Records in Newtown? That place fucking rules. I'm going to be in Syd next week, can't wait to hit that place up, as well as Kings Comics.

lol no way, i stay away from newtown as much as possible ahaha not my kinda atmosphere... only time i go there is to eat occasionally. hehe.

Jeeze, seems like everyones coming to Sydney lately :p
03:01 AM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
_Andrew
Is Cool.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 25 Years Old
oh btw Homesick,

If you're wondering where our red light district is... It's called Kings Cross and It's about 5 mins from the CBD :D
03:37 AM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
mps
Smile In Regret
UK or Switzerland
Male - 26 Years Old
Haha, this is like the Australasia thread! I've never seen so many people (3) from down under post at the same time!
03:42 AM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
TheBaroness
Melbourne, Australia
Female - 30 Years Old
Originally Posted by _Andrew
lol no way, i stay away from newtown as much as possible ahaha not my kinda atmosphere... only time i go there is to eat occasionally. hehe.

Jeeze, seems like everyones coming to Sydney lately :p

yeah, i don't blame you. it seemed pretty dodgy!

funny, i actually stumbled accross Resist when i had to accompany a couple of my friends to the police station accross the road. i had been meaning to go there and had no idea where it was, then when i got out of the taxi there it was! they were in the cop shop for like an hour making a statement and i greeted them with a bunch of CD's haha.
the other amusing thing about that adventure was that newtown was the first place where we saw o'porto chicken, which we'd been looking for the whole time we were in sydney. i think it's like the sydney version of nandos or something.
03:53 AM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
_Andrew
Is Cool.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 25 Years Old
yeah, i don't blame you. it seemed pretty dodgy!

funny, i actually stumbled accross Resist when i had to accompany a couple of my friends to the police station accross the road. i had been meaning to go there and had no idea where it was, then when i got out of the taxi there it was! they were in the cop shop for like an hour making a statement and i greeted them with a bunch of CD's haha.
the other amusing thing about that adventure was that newtown was the first place where we saw o'porto chicken, which we'd been looking for the whole time we were in sydney. i think it's like the sydney version of nandos or something.

Oporto's is the bomb, I just finished eating some... I'm surprised melbourne doesn't have it! Even the UK has it supposedly.

I used to work there, I just quit about 3 weeks ago... Best fast food ever! and I'm also very surprised you only found Oporto's in Newtown, they're all over sydney - especially in shopping centres.
03:54 AM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
_Andrew
Is Cool.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by mps
Haha, this is like the Australasia thread! I've never seen so many people (3) from down under post at the same time!

hehehe...
04:09 AM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
TheBaroness
Melbourne, Australia
Female - 30 Years Old
Oporto's is the bomb, I just finished eating some... I'm surprised melbourne doesn't have it! Even the UK has it supposedly.

I used to work there, I just quit about 3 weeks ago... Best fast food ever! and I'm also very surprised you only found Oporto's in Newtown, they're all over sydney - especially in shopping centres.

yeah, i've heard it's awesome, that's why we were desperately trying to find it, but by the time we got there we'd already eaten! have to go there this time. i think it's like nandos, which is awesome, because nando's is killer.

we could only find o'galo's in the CDB. we thought we'd try eating there, but it sucked.
04:11 AM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
_Andrew
Is Cool.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 25 Years Old
yeah, i've heard it's awesome, that's why we were desperately trying to find it, but by the time we got there we'd already eaten! have to go there this time. i think it's like nandos, which is awesome, because nando's is killer.

we could only find o'galo's in the CDB. we thought we'd try eating there, but it sucked.

Ogalo's is pretty nice but nothing like Oporto's... I know the guy who runs the Ogalo's in the CBD too lol...
04:13 AM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
TheBaroness
Melbourne, Australia
Female - 30 Years Old
hahaha, oops. well, it was no nandos...i was disappointed that the chicken wasn't marinated.
03:42 PM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
Homesick
No Avatar Selected
California
Male - 32 Years Old
oh btw Homesick,

If you're wondering where our red light district is... It's called Kings Cross and It's about 5 mins from the CBD :D
i would have posted earlier but getting used to the sleeping around here is insane, but i think today i'm doing the harbor cruise, checking out the opera house, etc... And hahahhaha.....the red light district was the first thing the cab driver told me about when i got out of the aiport. I'll probably miss that one seeing as there are a lot of really hot foreign girls staying at my hostel with me.
03:46 PM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
FeynmanWannabe
Take Ecstasy With Me
Western MA
Male - 29 Years Old
I want to visit Australia. :aimfrown:
03:53 PM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
Homesick
No Avatar Selected
California
Male - 32 Years Old
i've only been here a day, but i have 6 more weeks, so i'm not in a hurry to go balls out. However, i don't want to just sit on my ass.
05:37 PM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
James Johnson
Bottle Kissing Since '05
Sydney
Male - 29 Years Old
Yeah Australia thead!
09:38 PM on 06/27/06 
User Info.
TheBaroness
Melbourne, Australia
Female - 30 Years Old
Originally Posted by FeynmanWannabe
I want to visit Australia. :aimfrown:

You should definately come one day, we're very welcoming :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos