Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 51 of 51
09:47 AM on 03/03/11
Icebergdrumr
User Info.
08:04 PM on 05/03/11
mrnubnub
User Info.
I've heard most of this album...I would have agree that the lyrics seemed pretty dumb. From what I have heard, they sound very similar (musically, at least) to The Devil Wears Prada...very similar. The only thing they seem to do different is throw in a lot more dance/trance parts, which reminds me of Attack Attack! and We Came as Romans. Ultimately, I probably wouldn't listen to this band just based on what I've heard from them.

Well-written review.

You are so ridiculously wrong on the Prada part. Prada throws around big words in an attempt that half the time works at being rhetorically clever or sound, they really like to cash in on their 3-4 syllable words. Not to mention the christian undertones on everything. Unless is the Zombie EP which is straight up zombie smashing.

This, on the other hand, is your typically metalcore/hardcore/death metal "I hate you please go fucking die I wany to murder you and fuck someone while I'm at it"

This album is a guilty pleasure of mine. As much as I can criticize it I always find myself listening to it, and even all of my hardcore bashing friends love to shout along to "When Everydays the Weekend." Someone once called it today's hair metal, ridiculously shitty yet fun to listen to.
08:42 AM on 05/13/11
MichaelQuick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Very good.
07:22 AM on 05/25/11
sevinup07
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree the lyrics AA puts out are not great, they are very immature and nothing more than your typical scenester lyrics. However I love just about every song on this album, and their new one. It is impossible to deny they are catchy and to me they don't sound the same at all. That is my problem with a lot of hardcore and metalcore, it all sounds the same. Each AA song has it's own thing and I never mix up the songs. Danny has a good range to his voice, he has multiple screams he interchanges. To me, that's a lot better than hearing the same tone of scream through a whole album.
07:26 AM on 05/25/11
sevinup07
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And if you want a Solid Sumerian Release. After the Burial and Circle of Contempt are better than Alexandria by a landslide.
I haven't heard Circle of Contempt, but comparing After the Burial to AA seems pointless. They are a much heavier band, a lot more metal than hardcore. I like them but they have no melody to them from what I've heard.
11:45 PM on 05/30/11
sonnyboy
James Heck
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this band is so generic it isn't even funny...and the lyrics are horrible...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos