AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

You Me and Everyone We Know News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

You, Me and all the Website Designers We Know

Posted by - 11:41 AM on 12/31/09
You Me and Everyone We Know are looking for a website designer. Info is in the replies.

Submitted by onewheeledrider

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 69
11:41 AM on 12/31/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
pleaEvening everybody! We are putting out a call for some help tonight. We are fed up with band sites filled with ads about getting ripped in 4 weeks or “cartooning” yourself. We are looking for an awesome fan to build us an awesome website. We want to keep it simple but classy. If you help us out and we use what you come up with, we’ll guest list you whenever you want to come see us! So if you think you can make this dream come true for us, email us at

youmeandeveryoneweknow@gmail.com .

Thanks so much for your help!

.. ..

-Us
11:47 AM on 12/31/09
xjustinz
Lurker
User Info.
pretty sweet, I would do this if I was better at web design.
11:50 AM on 12/31/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I like the band, but designing a website in exchange for a few free shows is pretty ridiculous.
11:53 AM on 12/31/09
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
I like the band, but designing a website in exchange for a few free shows is pretty ridiculous.
Yeah, a show ticket is like $20-$25. A good website for something like this would normally be several hundred dollars at least.
11:54 AM on 12/31/09
SuchAPerson22
bert macklin, FBI
User Info.
I was beginning to wonder what happened to these guys... Haven't heard anything from them in awhile.
Really? I guess I have no idea what goes into web design.
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
Truth.
My roommate is great at this, but no way he'd ever do it for just a few free shows.
SamuelJLast
Fuck Ed
User Info.
I can build them one in Paint
11:57 AM on 12/31/09
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
Even the simplest of well designed web pages isn't worth a few guest list spots.
11:59 AM on 12/31/09
fredrico0012
Listen to Less Than Jake
User Info.
Burn.
12:02 PM on 12/31/09
loserb0i
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
might be worth a shot for me, currently do websites for video games but always wanted to do ones for bands instead, could do with a break.

but yea, it would/should/and is, technically worth a lot more than a few guest passes, especially as im in a different country, one they dont seem to visit =/
12:03 PM on 12/31/09
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Band sites are just about useless these days anyways. Just use Myspace the right way and you're set.
12:08 PM on 12/31/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Errr, hopefully they find a fan devoted enough to spend days working on a site to see them live.
12:08 PM on 12/31/09
highfidelity203
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't know what goes into web design but it seems like they are just looking for a fan to do them a favor rather than have to pay someone. Keep in mind, they are an unsigned band, they gave their first album away free (which is very cool), and they are a hard working band...god forbid someone does them a favor. I think it is pretty clear that some guest list spots do not equal the value of a website...I feel like fans need to help the smaller bands they love as much as they can. Maybe that's just me
12:11 PM on 12/31/09
sodamnclever
it's a sign, bro.
User Info.
I don't know what goes into web design but it seems like they are just looking for a fan to do them a favor rather than have to pay someone. Keep in mind, they are an unsigned band, they gave their first album away free (which is very cool), and they are a hard working band...god forbid someone does them a favor. I think it is pretty clear that some guest list spots do not equal the value of a website...I feel like fans need to help the smaller bands they love as much as they can. Maybe that's just me
exactly. i was going to say the same thing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos