AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:30 PM on 01/02/10 
User Info.
everyonesfault
Washington, DC
Male - 22 Years Old
Opinion. Cool. I'm tolerant enough of you to allow you to have that belief.

Okay. Now that you're saying something is a fact. Prove it.
I get that you're calling something a fact. Guess what, it's a fact I'm watching NFLnetwork right now. Want proof?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

I suppose I could say the same right back at ya.

No. You can prove it to me by giving me a screenshot. In fact, I will assume that is just you're opinion until I see proof to the contrary.

Do you have proof of that? Do you know what proof is?

I would like to know what law school you go to, or where you got a rudimentary understanding of the word "proof", because my education surely isn't ivy league, but I don't think in Harvard their telling their kids "Alright, so when your a defense attorney, and the DA says your client shot his wife, but they can't find the gun, tell the jury this: THE ABSENCE OF PROOF IS PROOF IT DIDNT HAPPEN. A GUN DOESNT EXIST BECAUSE THEY CANT SHOW IT TO YOU. ITS A FACT IT DOESNT EXIST".

I've seen a gun before.
10:30 PM on 01/02/10 
User Info.
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
Philly Burbs
Male - 26 Years Old
If you assume that every Christian wants to impede people's rights, you are being prejudiced. That's a no-no, as it borders real close to the intolerance thing.

The impeding of rights has more to do with groupthink and politics than individual beliefs.

yeah, good point.

also, I checked you're profile and because you have The Greatest Story Ever Told and Idle Will Kill as your top albums, I must say you are the coolest dude on AP.net
10:32 PM on 01/02/10 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
yeah, good point.

also, I checked you're profile and because you have The Greatest Story Ever Told and Idle Will Kill as your top albums, I must say you are the coolest dude on AP.net

I've long been aware of this, it's just taking others a little longer to come around.
User Info.
anthonythings
libertarian.
Boston, MA
Male - 25 Years Old

Now you're being incredibly ignorant. Address the whole post or don't address it at all.

The absence of proof isn't proof and you know that. Just because the DA can't produce the evidence doesn't believe the murder weapon doesn't exist.
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old

Are you a dwarf? Because his point went about three feet over your head.
10:33 PM on 01/02/10 
User Info.
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
Philly Burbs
Male - 26 Years Old
and Lady Melody? you sir, are a saint

excuse the religious term
10:33 PM on 01/02/10 
User Info.
everyonesfault
Washington, DC
Male - 22 Years Old
If you assume that every Christian wants to impede people's rights, you are being prejudiced. That's a no-no, as it borders real close to the intolerance thing.

The impeding of rights has more to do with groupthink and politics than individual beliefs.

Right. I agree to a certain extent. Kind of like any person considers him/herself Straight Edge is not necessarily a violent extremist thug. However, it is possible to live a lifestyle without drugs and alcohol without becoming part of a dogmatic collective. Sort of like it's possible to have a "relationship with god" (albeit imaginary, in my opinion) without adhering to a particular religion, and thereby not inflicting damage to society by falling victim to a dangerous herd mentality. It's more the institution of Christianity that I find so alarming and downright scary than the belief in a "god".
10:35 PM on 01/02/10 
User Info.
everyonesfault
Washington, DC
Male - 22 Years Old
Are you a dwarf? Because his point went about three feet over your head.

Nope. I could have dissected the entire post but at this point I am exhausted because I have mono and am beginning to enter lurk-mode rather than argue-about-asinine-bullshit made.
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Right. I agree to a certain extent. Kind of like any person considers him/herself Straight Edge is not necessarily a violent extremist thug. However, it is possible to live a lifestyle without drugs and alcohol without becoming part of a dogmatic collective. Sort of like it's possible to have a "relationship with god" (albeit imaginary, in my opinion) without adhering to a particular religion, and thereby not inflicting damage to society by falling victim to a dangerous herd mentality. It's more the institution of Christianity that I find so alarming and downright scary than the belief in a "god".

You're on a computer, don't throw around bullshit like 'herd mentality' as if you're above it.
User Info.
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com

10:36 PM on 01/02/10 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Nope. I could have dissected the entire post but at this point I am exhausted because I have mono and am beginning to enter lurk-mode rather than argue-about-asinine-bullshit made.

You couldn't have dissected his entire post because his entire post was unraveling your logic. You don't know everything, and therefore you can't know anything.
User Info.
anthonythings
libertarian.
Boston, MA
Male - 25 Years Old

I've never seen a herd before, so a herd mentality obviously is a myth.
User Info.
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
Philly Burbs
Male - 26 Years Old
It's more the institution of Christianity that I find so alarming and downright scary than the belief in a "god".

this
10:37 PM on 01/02/10 
User Info.
everyonesfault
Washington, DC
Male - 22 Years Old
You're on a computer, don't throw around bullshit like 'herd mentality' as if you're above it.

I don't know if it's valid to compare the use of modern technology with organizations that promote the rejection of truth and educated free thought.
10:38 PM on 01/02/10 
User Info.
everyonesfault
Washington, DC
Male - 22 Years Old
You couldn't have dissected his entire post because his entire post was unraveling your logic. You don't know everything, and therefore you can't know anything.

Actually, I don't think he was unraveling my logic. I think he was trying to get me to engage in the same circular reasoning that he's been using throughout the entire thread. I'd rather not do that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos