Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
12:45 PM on 01/04/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
I hate everything about her, but I thought this review was great, and the scores seemed pretty fair too (although I'm only basing that on Tik Tok, I refuse to listen to anymore of the record).
12:48 PM on 01/04/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Tik Tok is a joke....it isnt passable. First off, listen to the party by Justice. The vocal comparison is hilarious.

Second of all, this is a video of her performing the song. Worst performance ever will be collected at the end of 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXvzz...er_ embedded#
God that was awful......I really hate pop radio....
01:11 PM on 01/04/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
OH my god. hahahahah that was like the worst thing ive ever seen. How did she get a recording contract?
You don't need any musical ability at all to get a recording contract anymore.
01:52 PM on 01/04/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
It disgusts me that people can accept this garbage and always try to justify it with "it's just fun." No, it's just trash void of any real talent.
04:13 PM on 01/04/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
if this is what women's lib is going to be about from now on, i'm taking the title of feminist down from alongside my name...

joking aside, automatic applause goes here for Blake's always LOLworthy attempts at reviewing the seemingly un-reviewable. my problem with her is less about her music and more about how personally irritated I am that she's playing Lilith Fair, amongst some of the most talented female musicians (or musicians, for that matter) in the world. her best bet would be to go on tour with Millionaires!
She's playing Lilith Fair?! That's outrageous, she's by no means someone women should aspire to be.
04:49 PM on 01/04/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
She's a total blacksheep among a slew of really great artists on board for Lilith, and it's really odd.
It is certainly a peculiar choice.
09:00 PM on 01/04/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
meh I dunno....show me where she has talent? I've seen some live videos and it looks like she lip syncs the chorus to her hit song? What is the point of lip synching half of the song? lol

Some of her singing/lyrics reminds me of millionaires, but at least a lot of her stuff is catchy....I will give her that.
You should see the live videos where she actually tries to sing, it's frighteningly bad (someone posted a link earlier in the thread).
09:35 PM on 01/06/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
he writes the music dumbass. he helps with the lyrics every now and then but those are mainly the artist's job. he was the guitarist for saturday night live for 10 years, was just named one of the top 10 producers of the decade by billboard, and hes won 10 ASCAP Pop Music Awards in total since 2006. hes not weird hes a genius.

all you could hear were her vocals. it was mixed terribly and obviously shes not gonna be spot on when shes jumping around and dancing (ill give you that shes not the best dancer lol) but that doesnt mean that she cant sing in a controlled environment. and shes better in these two performances
Just watched her on Conan, she sounded and looked like shit. Don't make excuses for her, good music exists, find it.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests