AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 184.
12:09 AM on 01/07/10
DGlazier
User Info.
he writes the music dumbass. he helps with the lyrics every now and then but those are mainly the artist's job. he was the guitarist for saturday night live for 10 years, was just named one of the top 10 producers of the decade by billboard, and hes won 10 ASCAP Pop Music Awards in total since 2006. hes not weird hes a genius.

all you could hear were her vocals. it was mixed terribly and obviously shes not gonna be spot on when shes jumping around and dancing (ill give you that shes not the best dancer lol) but that doesnt mean that she cant sing in a controlled environment. and shes better in these two performances
Saw her on Conan tonight with maybe 3 backup singers to help. All I could here were the backup singers.

She didnt sound much better. Sorry.
06:11 AM on 01/07/10
PaperRival-Jake
User Info.
Just watched her on Conan, she sounded and looked like shit. Don't make excuses for her, good music exists, find it.
Agreed. She is terrible at life.
09:09 AM on 01/07/10
mattattack!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just watched her on Conan, she sounded and looked like shit. Don't make excuses for her, good music exists, find it.
Saw her on Conan tonight with maybe 3 backup singers to help. All I could here were the backup singers.

She didnt sound much better. Sorry.
i just watched that and i honestly didnt think it sounded terrible, thats just my opinion. but one of my sisters best friends is Dr. Luke's little sister and she said that Ke$ha's actually a good singer. the main point of my post was to defend Dr. Luke though. i do like Ke$ha's music, but it's just fun dancy music. theres no sense in arguing on this though, we clearly just have different opinions
11:16 AM on 01/07/10
a3s1g1
User Info.
WE'VE GOT A JOURNALIST ON OUR HANDS FOLKS
OMG RESPECT ME AND MY WORDS
06:06 PM on 01/08/10
brwnhawaiin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I read that the money sign in her name was because she was on a Flowrida song "down" or something. And it was a hit single, and she was still broke, so she put that in the song. Either way...she sucks. lol
10:00 AM on 01/09/10
Hiroki
Hooning bogan bro!
User Info.
Damn that was a pretty poor written review
11:01 AM on 01/09/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
I read that the money sign in her name was because she was on a Flowrida song "down" or something. And it was a hit single, and she was still broke, so she put that in the song. Either way...she sucks. lol
yeah that's what i was alluding to.
01:10 PM on 01/09/10
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
Damn that was a pretty poor written review
Haha. Muphry's law in action!
05:13 AM on 01/10/10
Hiroki
Hooning bogan bro!
User Info.
Haha. Muphry's law in action!
Indeed

But hey as someone who reviews for a living I still state that this was a poor review at best.
12:15 AM on 01/18/10
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
User Info.
Sad no one commented how sexist this review kind of comes off as. I generally find you funny, Blake, and I even agree with your underlying point here but your approach here is kind of saddening.
01:30 PM on 01/21/10
packattack227
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Booo
02:22 PM on 01/21/10
Scrandon
User Info.
You say her lyrics are liberating to women and thats the best part of the album and then give them a 3.5? OK! Just admit it this crap sucks.
03:38 PM on 01/21/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
You say her lyrics are liberating to women and thats the best part of the album and then give them a 3.5? OK! Just admit it this crap sucks.
i'm not sure that's what i said, but i was also super drunk and doing your mom when i wrote this. guess i'm not a multi-tasker.
03:56 PM on 01/21/10
Scrandon
User Info.
i'm not sure that's what i said, but i was also super drunk and doing your mom when i wrote this. guess i'm not a multi-tasker.
Oh well then in that case, super good review dude!
03:58 PM on 01/21/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Oh well then in that case, super good review dude!
RESPECT
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums