AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recommended News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Staff Recommendations (07/02/06)

Posted by - 10:18 AM on 07/02/06
Here's to hoping you all have a fun, and safe Fourth of July. Read the staff recommendations below.

Caleb - Listen to The Graduate and go check out Racing Kites, they're on tour right now and their dates are on myspace. And while you're at it, listen to De Capulet.
Russ - My first recs. Today, I am an ap.net citizen. Additionally, I recommend the tv show, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Steve - I highly recommend everyone check out the upcoming solo material from (Idlewild frontman) Roddy Woomble. That and the fantastic EP from All Time Low. I also recommend Russ not overwriting everyone else's recs.
Brandon H. - Let me try and do this for a 4th time now. I have been listening to alot of Covette, The Format, and go check out The Stiletto Formal at Warped Tour.
Ryan - Inkwell and Umbrellas.
Melissa- Since Caleb's alreadyed recommended The Graduate, I'll go with Park and Scenes from a Movie.
Garett: Mew, The Hush Sound, Kanye West
Tony: Lucky Boys Confusion
. Their new EP is a great summer disc minus the filler that usually accompanies a full album.
Greg: A Tribe Called Quest is a really great hip-hop group everyone should look to check out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 47
10:29 AM on 07/02/06
st shellay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Aww De Capulet.
Nicest guys. I met them at Soma a few months ago.
They haven't had many shows around San Diego since so I haven't gotten the chance to see them play yet but I am diggin the songs I've heard so far. :)

I'm still really into the new Underoath cd...it's pretty much all I've been listening to haha.
Also, I get to see Brand New for the first time ever this coming Saturday so I'm SUPER stoked on that. :)
10:32 AM on 07/02/06
PlusDanny
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Acceptance- Phantoms
Alexi Murdoch- Time Without Consequence
Danielson- Ships
Neutral Milk Hotel- On Avery Island
Nine Inch Nails- Pretty Hate Machine
Third Eye Blind- Out of the Vein
10:37 AM on 07/02/06
ThisIsDN
doesn't post much....
User Info.
I'm digging De Capulet. Got to see them with O.A.R 2 weeks ago. They were doing an accoustic set and I enjoyed it more than O.A.R.'s set :p
10:38 AM on 07/02/06
byebyebeautiful
conor is not scene.
User Info.
tentative top ten candidates:
final fantasy - "...has a good home" was number 1 last year and "he poos clouds" is even better than that. a beautiful record combining classical, pop, and indie sounds.
kind of like spitting - "the thrill of the hunt" is quite possibly ben's best album to date. think the acoustic side of "in the red." also, if anyone was wondering what worker bee sounded like, tracks 3, 4, 5, 11, and 13 were off of the worker bee demo.
josh ritter - amazing, amazing, amazing folk singer. like "the thrill of the hunt", josh ritter's new album may be his best to date.
david bazan - i really love the idea of having both an acoustic and an electric version of each song on the album. 5 different songs, 2 of each. "fewer moving parts" is a wonderful abum.
the dear hunter - i know that the album isn't out yet, but knowing casey, it will be amazing.

xoxo conor
10:43 AM on 07/02/06
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Russ, i'm pretty sure you deleted Brandon's recs, as well as mine.
10:46 AM on 07/02/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Originally Posted by Brandon Allin
Haha, check out my comment. :)

We need a better system for this....
10:47 AM on 07/02/06
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
User Info.
Originally Posted by Brandon Allin

Ha, well I didn't mean to. I opened "Edit" when just Caleb's were up there. I kept it open a while because I was called away from the computer. So, maybe that's what happened. Feel free to insert yourself in front of me.
10:50 AM on 07/02/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Originally Posted by Russ Hockenbury
Ha, well I didn't mean to. I opened "Edit" when just Caleb's were up there. I kept it open a while because I was called away from the computer. So, maybe that's what happened. Feel free to insert yourself in front of me.
That's why your dumdum n00b azz doesn't open the edit and leave it there...

Fired?
10:55 AM on 07/02/06
Ryan Imhof
Registered Member
User Info.
ah where are my recs! this is like the 4th time i have done them in this thread.

delete them and i will kill you.
10:57 AM on 07/02/06
Ryan Imhof
Registered Member
User Info.
oh it was russ, its okay d00de.
10:58 AM on 07/02/06
IcedOpethBlind
User Info.
I recommend going to Warped to see Saves The Day, Every Time I Die, & UnderOath.
11:02 AM on 07/02/06
slickwataris
jrockexplosion.net
User Info.
11:03 AM on 07/02/06
$!!
monies i love.
User Info.
i recommend the new AFI. and obviously everyone here holds my opinion higher than all others, so go buy it.
11:06 AM on 07/02/06
McSavah
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
User Info.
I recommend the new Cursive and RX Bandits.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos