Username
Password
Mp3 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Mp3
Inside AP.net

Free Music Friday (01/08/10)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (01/08/10)
Here is this week's installment of Free Music Friday. Check the replies for the submissions.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
12:51 AM on 01/08/10
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Free Music Friday Please send any new submissions to reviews@absolutepunk.net with "Free" in the subject line.

Submissions should include your band's name, title of submission (and whether it is a full length, EP or single song), myspace or website link, and similar bands for the "recommended if you like" section. Please upload it to a downloading website such as mediafire or megaupload and send that link.

Full Lengths
teamABC - Yesses, Noes & Volcanoes
myspace
RIYL: Johnny Foreigner, Stars, Tegan & Sara, Los Campesinos!, Sam Isaac, Fuzzy indie-punk-pop

Roscoe Vacant - Nothing's Going To Change

myspace
RIYL: acoustic punk, anarcho-folk, riot-folk - Against Me!, Billy Bragg, Defiance Ohio, Joeie Dead Blonde Girlfriend, Wingnut Dishwasher's Union, Evan Greer, Nyah Fearties, Jonas Selander

EPs
Pillowhead - Convictions EP (+ "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" Cover)
myspace
RIYL: The Postal Service (or a cover done by a rock band), The Dear Hunter, Jimmy Eat World

Samplers
Yellow Brick Magazine - 003 Sampler
BANDS (in no particular order): The Envy Corps, Just The Kid, Former Thieves, Classic In The Making, & Ely Falls
RIYL: Indie, Hardcore, Pop Rock, Pop Punk

Single Songs
Taken The Coast - "A Decision, A Mindset"
myspace
RIYL: I Call Fives, New Found Glory, The Wonder Years

The Bay State - "Liars"
myspace
RIYL: All Time Low, Paramore, Never Shout Never, Cobra Starship

Buckeye Knoll - "I Roll"
website
RIFL: Ace Enders, The Rocket Summer, The Format

Hashbang Spacestar - "Plans Can Fail" from Memories Travel at the Speed of Light

website
RIYL: The Presets, Empire of the Sun, Cut Copy, Midnight Juggernauts, Ladyhawke, PNAU

Mr. Kite - "You are Filthy"
myspace
RIYL: Muse, Radiohead

Kirsten DeHaan & The SirLady Experience - "1984" from Thorns On A Crown
myspace
RIYL: Stevie Nicks, Blondie, Dave Matthews Band

Archive
Jan 1 ... Dec 25 ... Dec 18 ... Dec 11 ... Dec 4 ... Nov 27 ... Nov 20 ... Nov 13 ...Nov 6 ... Oct 30 ... Oct 23 ... Oct 16 ... Oct 9 ... Oct 2 ... Sept 25 ... Sept 18 ... Sept 11 ... Sept 4 ... Aug 28 ... Aug 21 ... Aug 14 ... Aug 7 ... July 31 ... July 24 ... July 17 ... July 10 ... July 3 ... June 26 ... June 19 ... June 12 ... June 5 ... May 29 ... May 22 ... May 15 ... May 8 ... May 1 ... Apr 24 ... Apr 17 ... Mar 27 ... Mar 6 ... Feb 20 ... Feb 6 ... Jan 30 ... Jan 23 ... Jan 13
01:00 AM on 01/08/10
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Man, that Taken the Coast song is pretty awesome. It's definitely more Four Year Strong/Wonder Years than NFG though.
01:24 AM on 01/08/10
petervause
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
mr kite is good wow!
01:31 AM on 01/08/10
MattFerraro
Candy Hearts
User Info.
Hey my band, Man The Change, is giving away our EP for free at www.MTCFree.com RIYL: Alkaline Trio, Hot Water Music, Against Me

Check it out
01:42 AM on 01/08/10
AcousticFisk
Anchors Away
User Info.
that taken the coast song is pretty rad.
01:55 AM on 01/08/10
disconnectjohn
User Info.
Think i've missed the submission, my my label has put out a free sampler which can be checked out here: http://disconnectdisconnectrecords.bandcam p.com/

RIYL: Melodic punk rock, pop punk, acoustic, melodic hardcore etc (a wide range of punk based stuff)
03:06 AM on 01/08/10
hitormiss92
User Info.
Taken the Coast is a jam
03:25 AM on 01/08/10
KatastrophiE
idiot savant
User Info.
taken the coast is cool, wish i didnt hear the autotune correction soo much now in every genre. what happened to the days when there was beauty in imperfection?
05:52 AM on 01/08/10
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
taken the coast is cool, wish i didnt hear the autotune correction soo much now in every genre. what happened to the days when there was beauty in imperfection?
I miss Lifetime. And Jawbreaker.
08:53 AM on 01/08/10
HometownHero
User Info.
All that can be said to you is blah blah blah
09:05 AM on 01/08/10
dextrose
music is my mistress
User Info.
I really like the song by The Bay State but after googling them, it turns out this is the only song Susanne Gerry sings in. Usually it's Tom Tash. I'm reluctant to check out the rest of the songs now.

Taken The Coast is pretty good too.
09:12 AM on 01/08/10
popitwithrocks
User Info.
The Buckeye Knoll song is blowing it up. There's almost a No Doubt thing going on with the female male vocals. Either way I'm digging it. Sampler's not bad either. Thanks.
10:37 AM on 01/08/10
Iwudstilldie4u
UCSD's AP.net liaison
User Info.
The Bay State song is really good, but their RIYL is a little off-putting. I'd say for them, RIYL The Morning Of, Yellowcard, Hey Monday, Cartel
10:50 AM on 01/08/10
Oddpac87
http://www.mixcloud.com/APFC/
User Info.
Didn't get to check these out yet because I'm at work, but I'm excited to listen to teamABC based on their RIYL, as well as Taken The Coast. Really appreciate these bands/AP doing this, I've found so many good bands through these over the past year.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests