Username
Password
Default News Icon News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Default News Icon
Inside AP.net

Nodes of Ranvier Bassist Steps Down

Posted by: Melissa Johnson (07/04/06)
Nodes of Ranvier bassist Terry Taylor has stepped down from his position with the band. Here's his official statement:
Message"Being in Nodes over the last couple years has been one of the most important things I have ever done with my life. I have been able to reach out and touch some of the most amazing people I have ever met. The kids that come to Nodes shows are some of the most beautiful people in the world. I feel very blessed that I was able to share the stage with all the fans and the 4 other members of Nodes. Touring had became harder and harder for me each tour. The stress of running a high maintenance business and the desire to have more stability at home had started to take its toll on me. At the end of our Still Remains tour, the Nodes guys and I knew that I had to decide what I wanted to do with my life. Being in a band is either all or nothing. I just did not feel like I could give the 100% that I owe Nodes and the fans. I have watched Nodes grow from a basement show band in our home town of Sioux Falls to a national touring act that has a rabid fan base. I would never want to feel like I was holding them back and that is exactly how I started to feel after these last couple tours. Leaving the band seemed like the best thing for all of us. I will still be involved with the band in other ways. I have the same desire to help Nodes go as far as they can, whether I am in the band or not. Playing music will still be a part of my life but just in a very smaller capacity through other projects I have. For all the Nodes fans, I will miss you more than I can ever put into words. Your involvement in my life has made me a much happier human being. What you have given me will always be in my heart. Please stay in contact. Many of you have become close friends and I do not want to lose that part of my life."

Submitted by xalexislegendx

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
10:05 PM on 07/04/06
CalebAndrew
User Info.
Terry T is one of the raddest guys ever. From what he's done in Nodes to everything else he does for the music scene and beyond. A great person who's made great music.
11:30 PM on 07/04/06
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Nodes is a great band, too bad about Terry leaving.
11:53 PM on 07/04/06
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
User Info.
nodes is basically going to be the next Atreyu
07:55 AM on 07/05/06
TheDeekay
User Info.
That sucks that Terry left, if they do decide to go on I really hope they don't become the next Atreyu.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests