Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
08:07 PM on 07/06/06
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
User Info.
Originally Posted by btbam > you
you barely even talked about the music in this review.

This my style. Like it or LOVE it.
08:20 PM on 07/06/06
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
User Info.
if i'm reading a review of a band i haven't heard of, i'd like more than a few sentences about the music.

Well, you kind of get that from the comparisons at the bottom. Additionally, just because I don't say things like:

"This cd is really melodic." or "Riffs are heavy" doesn't mean I don't talk about the music. Personally, I hate reviews like that. It's just worthless filler that could be said about a thousand other cds.

Vocalist Jason Pryor takes the Edwards role, two hundred some odd years later. Pryor barks out the message over shape-shifting guitars and double drum pedals firing off like machine guns in the middle of war-torn Baghdad.

Those two sentences tell me more about the music than 5 of the other kind.
08:47 PM on 07/06/06
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
User Info.
you're trying far too hard.

At this point, I'll just have to politely disagree.
11:00 PM on 07/06/06
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
User Info.
Originally Posted by G.rex
I disagree - I think that this review revealed quite a bit more about the music (and the overall experience that the album offers) than quite a few of the reviews on this site do. Not to knock the review(er)s published here, but there are more informative ways to review an album than to simply provide a track-by-track run-through that reads: "track 1 opens with a steady drumbeat and ____ vocalist's strong voice in an insanely catchy chorus. Track 2 has the same great voice and heavy, yet catchy guitars. Track 3 offers more of the same, and switches it up a bit with an aggressive, yet melodic guitar riff." To me, that says little. This review, while brief, painted an incredible picture. Keep up the great work, Russ. It's wonderful to have you here.

You get me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version