Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 20 of 20
09:04 PM on 07/06/06
ForeverInADay
User Info.
Originally Posted by oceanblue
I thought it was a good review, none of the bull shit and straight to the point. Kind of like my Techincal Communication class. Good Job.
I wouldn't necessarily say it was straight to the point, but nevertheless it was a good review.
09:50 PM on 07/06/06
G.rex
King of the Dinosaurs
User Info.
Originally Posted by btbam > you
you barely even talked about the music in this review.

I disagree - I think that this review revealed quite a bit more about the music (and the overall experience that the album offers) than quite a few of the reviews on this site do. Not to knock the review(er)s published here, but there are more informative ways to review an album than to simply provide a track-by-track run-through that reads: "track 1 opens with a steady drumbeat and ____ vocalist's strong voice in an insanely catchy chorus. Track 2 has the same great voice and heavy, yet catchy guitars. Track 3 offers more of the same, and switches it up a bit with an aggressive, yet melodic guitar riff." To me, that says little. This review, while brief, painted an incredible picture. Keep up the great work, Russ. It's wonderful to have you here.
10:00 PM on 07/06/06
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
User Info.
Originally Posted by G.rex
I disagree - I think that this review revealed quite a bit more about the music (and the overall experience that the album offers) than quite a few of the reviews on this site do. Not to knock the review(er)s published here, but there are more informative ways to review an album than to simply provide a track-by-track run-through that reads: "track 1 opens with a steady drumbeat and ____ vocalist's strong voice in an insanely catchy chorus. Track 2 has the same great voice and heavy, yet catchy guitars. Track 3 offers more of the same, and switches it up a bit with an aggressive, yet melodic guitar riff." To me, that says little. This review, while brief, painted an incredible picture. Keep up the great work, Russ. It's wonderful to have you here.

You get me.
12:26 AM on 07/07/06
InvisibleNinjas
Who got the Hooch?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
well done! good review revealing what is heard in the music, vocals, and lyrics each specifically. i'm not christian either... but i HAVE to agree that the passion some of the christian proclaimed bands put out in my mind is a catalyst for inspired profound tunes. thanks russ
05:30 AM on 07/07/06
TheHeretic
User Info.
yeah I loved this review . great job. it's above all very entertaining to read

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News