AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 126
09:12 AM on 07/07/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
"Nah, but I am just about guaranteed that fans will write you off as another band faking it for recognition. "

That line bothers me so much because these guys have been doing this for a while. They have built a huge fan base in the Baltimore area and are able to sell out our biggest venue in Towson. Which is very big if you ask me -- www.rechertheatre.com. They aren't faking anything for recognition, they have plenty already.

When touring bands that aren't that big come through and All Time Low puts them on their bill at St. Johns in Phoenix it's pretty clear to everyone that the room will never be even CLOSE to half empty and that these guys are going somewhere.
09:14 AM on 07/07/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Not to mention, these cats are only 17 years old. You will be eating this review one day Gabe.
09:24 AM on 07/07/06
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
Originally Posted by Pat Marquez
Not to mention, these cats are only 17 years old. You will be eating this review one day Gabe.
Just like I'm eating my Hit the Lights EP review? Or the Plain White T's review? Both were bad...Just because a band gets big later on doesn't mean I'm "eating" the review, nor will Gabe. Hell, HTL wrote a song about the review and I'm hardly "eating it," I think it's hilarious and awesome. If an EP sucks in the reviewers mind, then it sucks. What a stupid comment. You gotta let this stuff roll off of you when you disagree with something, Pat.

That being said.... I 100% agree with the review. Readers should check out both reviews, compare with their musical tastes and decide for their own. It's as simple as that. Don't get your panties in a bunch over one dude's opinion.
09:44 AM on 07/07/06
The Silencer
the one above all
User Info.
"Nah, but I am just about guaranteed that fans will write you off as another band faking it for recognition. "

That line bothers me so much because these guys have been doing this for a while. They have built a huge fan base in the Baltimore area and are able to sell out our biggest venue in Towson. Which is very big if you ask me -- www.rechertheatre.com. They aren't faking anything for recognition, they have plenty already.

When touring bands that aren't that big come through and All Time Low puts them on their bill at St. Johns in Phoenix it's pretty clear to everyone that the room will never be even CLOSE to half empty and that these guys are going somewhere.
I agree wholheartedly.
10:03 AM on 07/07/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Originally Posted by Scott Weber
Just like I'm eating my Hit the Lights EP review? Or the Plain White T's review? Both were bad...Just because a band gets big later on doesn't mean I'm "eating" the review, nor will Gabe. Hell, HTL wrote a song about the review and I'm hardly "eating it," I think it's hilarious and awesome. If an EP sucks in the reviewers mind, then it sucks. What a stupid comment. You gotta let this stuff roll off of you when you disagree with something, Pat.

That being said.... I 100% agree with the review. Readers should check out both reviews, compare with their musical tastes and decide for their own. It's as simple as that. Don't get your panties in a bunch over one dude's opinion.
Scott, the personal jabs weren't needed in the review. Sorry, but Hit The Lights and Plain White T's aren't at any caliber where you would be eating your "words." Both bands don't sell that well by any means. Now, Cute Is What We Aim For is an example more aplicable.

Look! Everyone said they wouldn't do that well and they absolutely destroyed first week sells, even beating P!ATD first week numbers.
10:13 AM on 07/07/06
Katie Schmitz
OMGZ SKWRL!
User Info.
Quote:
All Time Low claim something like Put Up or Shut Up as their own is plagierism. With that said, All Time Low aren't creating a new pulse, in fact, they are rip-offs, fakes and unoriginal parasites feeding off the inventive talent of their predecessors

What the hell? They are not parasites ... and it's not plagarism. Jesus! I don't agree with this review at all.
10:14 AM on 07/07/06
shes.a.ghost
trust no bitch
User Info.
All Time Low is a really catchy band. But if Fall Out Boy never was a band, then I'm not sure they wouldnt be either... there is a difference between being influenced by a band and just completely ripping off a band. They have successfully ripped off Fall Out Boy. All of thier songs sound like demos for TTTYG that didnt make the record.
10:15 AM on 07/07/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Originally Posted by Katie Schmitz
What the hell? They are not parasites ... and it's not plagarism. Jesus! I don't agree with this review at all.
The parasites thing is really inappropriate.
10:15 AM on 07/07/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Originally Posted by shes.a.ghost
All Time Low is a really catchy band. But if Fall Out Boy never was a band, then I'm not sure they wouldnt be either... there is a difference between being influenced by a band and just completely ripping off a band. They have successfully ripped off Fall Out Boy. All of thier songs sound like demos for TTTYG that didnt make the record.
I'm just not hearing it. I'm trying to.
10:18 AM on 07/07/06
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
Scott, the personal jabs weren't needed in the review. Sorry, but Hit The Lights and Plain White T's aren't at any caliber where you would be eating your "words." Both bands don't sell that well by any means. Now, Cute Is What We Aim For is an example more aplicable.

Look! Everyone said they wouldn't do that well and they absolutely destroyed first week sells, even beating P!ATD first week numbers.
Uh...Plain White T's has sold like 80,000 records and they recently signed to a major label, but ok...you're the expert... :huh:
10:20 AM on 07/07/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Originally Posted by Scott Weber
Uh...Plain White T's has sold like 80,000 records and they recently signed to a major label, but ok...you're the expert... :huh:
All Time Low is about infinity times better than Plain White T's. And Hit the Lights.
10:23 AM on 07/07/06
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
I'm just not hearing it. I'm trying to.
I think it sounds identical at times to early FOB. And when it's not that, it's exactly like another predecessor. I do think Gabe comes across as harsh at times but when he says parasite, (we talked about this) he means hanging onto the tails of other bands...not like a vile insect, per say. I dunno. It's just a review. And if you're personal buddies with the band, I can understand your overdefensiveness, but...regardless, there are good points made in the review.
Katie Schmitz
OMGZ SKWRL!
User Info.
Originally Posted by Steve Henderson
All Time Low is about infinity times better than Plain White T's. And Hit the Lights.
Yes!
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
So not the point, but good contribution.
10:26 AM on 07/07/06
shes.a.ghost
trust no bitch
User Info.

I agree that Hit the Lights also have similarities to Fall Out Boy, but I dont think they are ripping them off. Hit the Lights live sound exactly like CD. His voice is perfect, not a single note off. It actually was hard to believe. Even their back up vocalists were perfect. They all harmonize extremely well together. Their live show is what made me a fan of them. They put on a hell of a show, and are nothing less that spot on with thier performance.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos