Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 126.
10:31 AM on 07/07/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Originally Posted by Scott Weber
So not the point, but good contribution.
Haha, I was just playing around. But Plain White T's are just an awful, awful band.
10:31 AM on 07/07/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Originally Posted by shes.a.ghost
I agree that Hit the Lights also have similarities to Fall Out Boy, but I dont think they are ripping them off. Hit the Lights live sound exactly like CD. His voice is perfect, not a single note off. It actually was hard to believe. Even their back up vocalists were perfect. They all harmonize extremely well together. Their live show is what made me a fan of them. They put on a hell of a show, and are nothing less that spot on with thier performance.
I see HTL as more of a NFG rip-off than FOB rip-off.. They aren't horrible, though. I just do not care for 'em.
10:36 AM on 07/07/06
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I disagree with both reviews, I wouldn't rate it as high as Steve did or as low as Gabe. They are still well written though. This EP is ok, I was really disappointed with it. I don't like how the old songs were redone, and the new ones really didn't catch me. But I love their debut album. Also, they don't really sound like FOB to me, I dunno I think of TAI or a poppunk Northstar.
10:40 AM on 07/07/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Originally Posted by Drew Beringer
I disagree with both reviews, I wouldn't rate it as high as Steve did or as low as Gabe. They are still well written though. This EP is ok, I was really disappointed with it. I don't like how the old songs were redone, and the new ones really didn't catch me. But I love their debut album. Also, they don't really sound like FOB to me, I dunno I think of TAI or a poppunk Northstar.
I think they sound like a pop-punk band. I'm not even hearing The Academy Is... or Northstar in there.
10:43 AM on 07/07/06
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Originally Posted by Pat Marquez
I think they sound like a pop-punk band. I'm not even hearing The Academy Is... or Northstar in there.
There is no such thing as an original poppunk band these days.
10:44 AM on 07/07/06
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
As much as I hate to say this...Panic! At the Disco is.
10:47 AM on 07/07/06
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
so i gave this a listen just now, and i cant score them as low as you, or as high as steve. I didnt really find any of it too catchy and wouldnt be able to pick out a single song right now, even though it is only 10 minutes after it stopped playing. His voice isnt that bad, but the lyrics were pretty dumb and i didnt find myself wanting to sing along, which for me, is a must for pop punk like this.
10:47 AM on 07/07/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Okay. The only original pop-punk band was the first one? Right? Ya, Drew, you didn't read what I said. I said I think they sound like a general POP PUNK band. I just do not hear anything in comparison to Fall Out Boy, The Academy Is, and Northstar. All three of those bands sound different from All Time Low and those three bands also do not sound like each other either.

Scott does have it right, Panic! doesn't really sound like any other pop-punk band but then again, I don't even think they really sound like a pop-punk band. If anything they have that new-wave type sound fused with pop-punk.
11:03 AM on 07/07/06
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Originally Posted by Scott Weber
As much as I hate to say this...Panic! At the Disco is.
I would agree, but I don't see any "punk" in their music, it's more pop-rock (I know I'm splitting hairs now). And I do enjoy A Fever... every now and then.
11:31 AM on 07/07/06
xowearmeout
"i wish i had stayed.."
User Info.
Originally Posted by Steve Henderson
All Time Low is about infinity times better than Plain White T's. And Hit the Lights.

haha. could not agree more.
11:39 AM on 07/07/06
mogley
Be Excellent To Eachother
User Info.
Since you believe All time low has replicated FOB and other pop punk classics, if you were to review these other bands, would their scores be as low?

Originally Posted by Gabe Gross
With that also said, their music is so incredibly addictive, so much so that listening to it over and over again is rather enjoyable. And as a pop music enthusiast, this is so disheartening. Seeing a band with obvious talent, (their ability to craft songs at varying tempos and made-for-the-masses Gaskarth's voice handles well through twsiting transitions). But their ability to slack so noticably in creativity skews the rest of their performance and questions the integrity of their art. I need something to look forward to.

This paragraph alone leads me to question how you could rate them so low, besides the staying power since you somewhat addressed that in the last sentence.
11:43 AM on 07/07/06
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
Originally Posted by mogley
Since you believe All time low has replicated FOB and other pop punk classics, if you were to review these other bands, would their scores be as low?

This paragraph alone leads me to question how you could rate them so low, besides the staying power since you somewhat addressed that in the last sentence.
The cheap knock-off is never as good as the original...so no...I think that's the point Gabe was trying to make.
11:45 AM on 07/07/06
xowearmeout
"i wish i had stayed.."
User Info.
although most of this review was negative, there were some parts where you had patted them on the back.. i'm a little thrown off. i feel that if they would have written an entire new CD with all new tracks, you would have changed your opinion. i think this CD is outstanding which obviously conflicts with this review..
12:38 PM on 07/07/06
Poultrylicious
haters are mean
User Info.
They're only 17? This is a nice stepping stone then, i see alot of potential for only listening to it a couple of times, its not the greatest thing or even the worst, its just fun, lets not get serious as to who rips off who, and take this ep for what its worth.

If "initation is the greatest form of flattery" i think they did a good job, i can't wait to see where this goes... maturity, creativity, instrumentrals, ect., that all could wait later, as long as it has heart thats all that matters
01:43 PM on 07/07/06
bowlingforfun
Registered seeker of fun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ill be honest ive only listened to one of their songs so far, but in all fairness when i heard tttyg for the first time i referred to fall out boy as that band that sounded alot like midtown...and im a huge fan of fall out boy. you can always go back one band further.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums