AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Foundry Field Recordings, The - prompts/miscues Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.25
Musicianship 7.75
Lyrics 7
Production 7
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 6.25
Reviewer Tilt 7
Final Verdict: 70%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Foundry Field Recordings, The - prompts/miscues

Reviewed by: hitchum (01/13/10)
The Foundry Field Recordings - Prompts/Miscues
Record Label : Emergency Umbrella Records
Release Date: October 24, 2006

The album Prompts/Miscues has been a difficult album for me to review. This disc has been lying around in my study for the past 5 months. I attempted to listen to the album several times, but was simply not in the mood for the particular type of music found on Prompts/Miscues. During my first two listens through the record, I fell asleep. Several weeks later, I sat down to listen to this album and had a much more enjoyable experience. Many albums are fantastic or horrible regardless of the mood I am in, but certain ones require me to be in a certain mood to appreciate them; this disc appears to be one of the latter. The Foundry Field Recordings have crafted a good, but flawed album.

The opening and closing tracks serve as bland, forgettable bookends for an album that contains some very good moments. The high points on the disc are also marred by several songs that seem content to meander along without ever going anywhere. Prompts/Miscues could have benefitted greatly from having a few songs cut and being released as a seven song EP.

The Foundry Field Recordings are a talented band and are well worth looking into. Their debut album features tight musicianship and good vocals. This is a good release to accompany the winter season. While not one of my favorite albums, this disc has me intrigued enough to see where Foundry Field Recordings will go with their next release.

FIYL - Umbrellas, Nada Surf, Acoustic Rock

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums