Username
Password
Stupid News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Stupid
Inside AP.net

Weedeater Shoots Self in Foot

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (01/13/10)
Weedeater frontman "Dixie" Dave Collins shot off his big toe while cleaning his shotgun. A message from the band can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
10:15 PM on 01/13/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Good Luck and God SpeedAs most of you know, here in the WEEDEATER camp we pride ourselves on a long tradition of shooting our band in the proverbial foot right before we're supposed to do something important. Whether it's a big tour, a recording session, or whatever else we're supposed to do, invariably we will find some way to try and thwart our grandiose plans. Well, it's no different for this recording session, except that this time we really did shoot ourselves in the foot. In fact we regret to inform all of you that this weekend, Dixie Dave shot his big toe off whilst cleaning his favorite shotgun. Yup, that's right. When reached for comment, Mr. Collins gave a quote that speaks for itself: 'It wasn't my intention to shoot off my big toe. This really fucking sucks and the pain is unbearable.' Mr. Collins' doctors have advised that he is to be bed-ridden for the next few weeks during his recovery. This will obviously affect the recording session (and the few surrounding shows in Jan/Feb), which will now have to be postponed until after the March/April "nine-toe" tour. Said tour is still 100% on, however, so check back soon for updates on venues and exact dates. It looks like the support bands will be awesome and the band is really stoked to play this new material after touring for so many years on the same basic set. Yeah...we knew that too, sorry but we're about to make good on it. And of course after all, we gotta keep workin', like workin' men do. Shooting your big toe off isn't free, for fuck's sake! So to re-cap...Keko sacrificed his pinkie for Down/Melvins, Shep broke his hand for Today is the Day, and now Dixie has generously offered up his big toe for Steve Albini to nibble on. Unless overtly fond of Limburger cheese and rotten flesh, Master Steve is advised to decline. Good day - WEEDEATER
10:22 PM on 01/13/10
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
User Info.
Never heard of the band, but thats funny.
10:40 PM on 01/13/10
muttley
Drop all your things and go outside
User Info.
lol. Haven't heard of them either, but it seems like it could have been much worse.
10:59 PM on 01/13/10
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
only in the South I guess...
11:01 PM on 01/13/10
Rocket Jesus
You shut your whore mouth!
User Info.
Good Job.
11:36 PM on 01/13/10
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
I'm sorry, but....HAHAHAHAHAHA.
12:09 AM on 01/14/10
Jason_Merch
User Info.
Goddamnit, this just makes us normal southerners look bad...fucking hell. I'm just going to assume that he was keeping his shotgun clean in case of a zombie attack...
12:22 AM on 01/14/10
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Wow.
12:23 AM on 01/14/10
Auals
studiocity.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Goddamnit, this just makes us normal southerners look bad...fucking hell. I'm just going to assume that he was keeping his shotgun clean in case of a zombie attack...
"normal" southerners...?

EDIT:

That IS a joke btw. Not trying to play on stereotypes at all.
12:41 AM on 01/14/10
Jason_Merch
User Info.
haha, you're right, there's no such thing as a normal southerner i guess. i'm technically not even a southerner anyways. I was born and raised in the north but I've lived in the south, so I figure it's about like commonlaw marriage.
03:05 AM on 01/14/10
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Oh hey there, Cheddar Bob (not a fan of Eminem by any means, but...)
03:14 AM on 01/14/10
Charles777
Feeling groovy
User Info.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhawwwwwwww
03:51 AM on 01/14/10
imtellingseb
some men were born to lurk
User Info.
haha, why would he clean it while its still loaded?
04:18 AM on 01/14/10
JonnyJonnyJonny
Jonny - TMTMM/Flavorsaurus
User Info.
haha, why would he clean it while its still loaded?

Exactly.

Either A. He is illiterate, and lacking common sense.

or ...?

I want picture proof or i won't believe it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests