Username
Password
Gossip News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gossip
Inside AP.net

Safe As Houses May Soon Find A Home

Posted by: Tony Pascarella (07/10/06)
An industry source informs me that New York-based Safe As Houses are talking to a handful of labels, including two majors. I just gave the band a listen, and I'm digging their demos so far. Where do you think they'll end up, and what do you think of the band?

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
06:17 PM on 07/10/06
killthepilot
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thank you craig
06:35 PM on 07/10/06
GoodbyeBlueSky
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
reeaally now... Why? Must have a really good lawyer...or some cousin who knows Pete Wentz or somethin.
06:41 PM on 07/10/06
lewisonfire
User Info.
another attempt at trying making buzz around a band. nice try.
06:42 PM on 07/10/06
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Originally Posted by GoodbyeBlueSky
reeaally now... Why? Must have a really good lawyer...or some cousin who knows Pete Wentz or somethin.
Or maybe majors have realized they can't survive simply off of "mega-bands" anymore because albums simply aren't selling like they used to. A label can't release a CD like N'Sync's No Strings Attached and sell ten million copies within a year and rest on their laurels anymore. Hell, there are albums that won't crack 2 million units by the end of the year, that if they were released 5-10 years ago, would have sold 7 or 8 million. Majors are realizing they have to catch up to what's selling well before a good chunk of their "alternative" market share is divided up by all the indies out there.
08:42 PM on 07/10/06
The Fix
User Info.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

this bullshit was old like 2 years ago

do bands even try anymore?
08:46 PM on 07/10/06
SellOuts
User Info.
These guys deserve this. This band might be "new" but they have been doing this for years now.
09:04 PM on 07/10/06
The Fix
User Info.
Originally Posted by SellOuts
These guys deserve this. This band might be "new" but they have been doing this for years now.

and they haven't evolved into something other than incredibly generic and boring?

yeah, wow kudos to them
09:25 PM on 07/10/06
lewisonfire
User Info.
Originally Posted by Tony Pascarella
Or maybe majors have realized they can't survive simply off of "mega-bands" anymore because albums simply aren't selling like they used to. A label can't release a CD like N'Sync's No Strings Attached and sell ten million copies within a year and rest on their laurels anymore. Hell, there are albums that won't crack 2 million units by the end of the year, that if they were released 5-10 years ago, would have sold 7 or 8 million. Majors are realizing they have to catch up to what's selling well before a good chunk of their "alternative" market share is divided up by all the indies out there.

..as if their music wasnt mainstream oriented... I approve what you say, thought its definitely NOT the type of band that will survive the post modern plularity of the music culture.
10:44 PM on 07/10/06
ThankQ4DVenom
graphic & web designer
User Info.
i like them...
the only bands that i can think of that could sell a couple million cds are : Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco

it sucks when bands like AFI dont get the respect they use to...
11:29 PM on 07/10/06
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Originally Posted by ThankQ4DVenom
i like them...
the only bands that i can think of that could sell a couple million cds are : Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco

AFI had the number one cd in the country for like two weeks...
06:13 AM on 07/11/06
The Fix
User Info.
Originally Posted by ThankQ4DVenom
i like them...

hahahaha, are you serious, or being sarcastic?
01:51 PM on 07/11/06
Robb
break the static
User Info.
He promises me I'm as safe as houses.

As long as I remember who's wearing the trousers.
10:25 AM on 07/20/06
xDIILBERTx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by Tony Pascarella

Nice non-sequitur. Where'd you plagiarize this from?
The demos are lukewarm at best. Not bad, but not especially good. I really don't see them getting major label attention without building a massive indie following first. And they're not doing much to set themselves apart from the rest of the pack. Not to mention it's pretty suspicious that somebody thinks they deserve it when they've only recorded 3 DEMOS.
Their previous incarnation, Life Before This, suffered similar problems. But they wrote awkward songs with occasional flashes of brilliance. This new stuff is just... boring.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests