Password

Album Review

Renae - ...And Hell Follows Album Cover

Renae - ...And Hell Follows

Reviewed by
Renae - ...And Hell Follows
Record Label: Hotfoot Records
Release Date: December 7, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from emoneil. You can see all of emoneil's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
01:27 PM on 02/02/10
oarg89
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really dont like the lyrics
01:02 PM on 02/03/10
Tribute2Ben89
User Info.
This review really provided no information whatsoever. Why did you give a low rating to musicianship and lyrics? It's mostly about TREOS.
05:08 PM on 02/03/10
jeff1391
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i really like this band and i really like this album. i think your review could've focused more on the album's content, but i'm glad to see they're getting favorable reviews.
09:35 PM on 02/04/10
emoneil
xemoneilx
User Info.
This review really provided no information whatsoever. Why did you give a low rating to musicianship and lyrics? It's mostly about TREOS.
01:00 AM on 02/05/10
DarkOne
Registered Loser
User Info.
emoneil, you beat me to it...i was planning on reviewing this E.P. myself. I especially like the first track on this CD. I wish Stephen would sing more and scream less...hopefully eventually they will go into a more melodic direction, but right now they are def into this hardcore phase. I do like how Stephen has such a gutsy scream though. He def has balls for being such a tiny man. I believe he has alot more potential as a singer that he has yet tapped into.
11:12 AM on 02/05/10
emoneil
xemoneilx
User Info.
emoneil, you beat me to it...i was planning on reviewing this E.P. myself. I especially like the first track on this CD. I wish Stephen would sing more and scream less...hopefully eventually they will go into a more melodic direction, but right now they are def into this hardcore phase. I do like how Stephen has such a gutsy scream though. He def has balls for being such a tiny man. I believe he has alot more potential as a singer that he has yet tapped into.
I agree whole heartedly! The first track is my favorite by far and I'm anxious to see what they can do in the future!
02:23 PM on 02/05/10
more heart
Endure and survive
User Info.
To me, the review seemed more like a history of the band's sound as opposed to an actual review of the record.
01:35 AM on 02/06/10
tomahawk
my new pep pep
User Info.
Renae kills it live
08:36 PM on 02/07/10
speakhandsforme
Rob the poor to feed the rich
User Info.
I see no connection between Renae and groups like TREOS and The Dear Hunter....and I've been following Renae since their first live set.
12:52 PM on 03/21/10
benny d
Dude, you did not!
User Info.
I really never listened to TREOS very much, and we have jammed to the dear hunter, but I appreciate the comparisons.

If you really want to know, we cut our teeth on bands like at the drive-in, mewithoutyou, glassjaw, deftones, fugazi, and as cities burn, and we've been around a lot of hardcore bands lately. I would not hesitate to mention that we are all fans of sparta and the mars volta as well.

I can see the comparisons because Stephen actually sings really well, but the intro to the album is not the album. It is merely a transitional from the last record we put out. I think that is the only significant spot we resemble the forementioned bands. I appreciate a review regardless.

We realize we are not the most unique band around today. It has all been done under the sun. However, I do want to say that we are real and we try to write what we feel. We put a lot into this EP and we are currently creating a new record with our new lineup. I have no idea on a release date or even a recording date. We just always create music in the downtime.

thanks for reviewing our EP.

Benny // Renae

p.s. i would also suggest checking out a new england band that is now defunct called FIRST AID KIT. Not to be confused with the pop/electro outfit, this band was a very influential band for me and my brother for both of the last albums.
07:22 AM on 08/30/10
Roton7
so i herd u liek roton7??
User Info.
Every Renae review on the internet simply compares them to other bands
10:20 AM on 11/04/10
richardliesse
absolutely
User Info.
Every Renae review on the internet simply compares them to other bands
Agreed, it gets quite old.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE