AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Living Hell - Oblivion Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6.75
Musicianship 7.75
Lyrics 8.75
Production 6.75
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 8
Reviewer Tilt 8
Final Verdict: 76%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Living Hell - Oblivion

Reviewed by: runningfree1 (01/24/10)
Living Hell - Oblivion
Release Date: October 13, 2009
Record Label: Eulogy Recordings

Living Hell’s latest effort, titled Oblivion, brings back a lot of the same sound from when the hardcore movement first started. Most would like to call this band a modern hardcore band, which would be quite accurate. Of course with some metal influence, this album has a great upbeat feel to it. It’s really hard to find a great hardcore band that most people can enjoy, but I think everyone could really appreciate this album.

The album doesn’t waste anytime with long stupid intros, instead it just kicks right into a great first track “Sin Of The World” which really gives you a great taste of what the album is going to be like. The next track really caught my ear with some really explosive guitar work, that I really enjoyed throughout the whole album, but this song especially. There are a lot of songs that, like this one, have the great guitar work to them. But then there are songs on the album, such as “122112” and “Gods Undone”, that have a really “tough” feel to them. I hate using that word so much. But they really show off a great new age hardcore sound.

Needless to say everyone can find something they like in this album. If you’re a metal head, a old hardcore kid, a new hardcore kid, or even a fan of good hardcore. Definitely check this album out.

Recommended If You LikeHardcore, Blacklisted, and Thrash

myspace.com/livinghellhc

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3.
06:32 AM on 02/06/10
cwhit412
User Info.
Your tracklist is the Hotspur list I put. O.o
Interesting.
Did the editors make an error?
07:23 AM on 02/12/10
bytheslice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haven't heard this yet, but I do own their album on Revelation. Interesting band, there's definitely an Integrity influence throughout....
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS