12:49 PM on 01/26/10
alltimecam
hi
User Info.
The end is nigh
01:05 PM on 01/26/10
jenijennjen
User Info.
not happy about this at all. Hopefully more venues start switching to ticketing companies that are not affiliated with Live Nation and Ticketmaster. 2 of my favorite venues already have
01:07 PM on 01/26/10
jenijennjen
User Info.
I am happy to say I have never bought a ticket from these two companies
how is that even possible? Have you never been to House of Blues or pretty much any other major arena or amphitheater?
01:14 PM on 01/26/10
WoahMMMMegan
Megan! <3
User Info.
Damn. I'm hoping most venues offer alternatives. Might have to start driving to the venue's box office, doing the ticket buying thing super old school.
01:15 PM on 01/26/10
doppelganger
katy song
User Info.
service charge woot
01:17 PM on 01/26/10
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
This is bad news.
01:17 PM on 01/26/10
Zachals
I can wait...
User Info.
maybe the merge will actually bring prices down, because the company will be able to afford selling for cheap. ha
01:24 PM on 01/26/10
dani1292
@dani1292
User Info.
fuck livenation. seriously paid like $40 for a $23 ticket once (but i had to do it b/c i knew it was going to sell out)
ticketmaster fees seemed so reasonable after seeing live nation fees lol
Really? It always seemed to me like Ticketmaster was the one who kept screwing me over with random service charges, but then again most of the venues I attend sell through Ticketmaster. Still, the charges are ridiculous.
01:36 PM on 01/26/10
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
picking up tickets at the venue box office ftw
01:46 PM on 01/26/10
FueledByRock
Michael Jackson. A million dollars.
User Info.
I hope this will create some sort of RATM/Bruce Springsteen collaboration against this bullshit.
01:54 PM on 01/26/10
wheresadalia
breathe slowly, speak softly
User Info.
really? its ticketmaster that makes you pay to process the ticket PLUS to use a credit card. i know though that if u want to see a show at the house of blues they automatically charge an extra 2 bucks for some reason.

Really? It always seemed to me like Ticketmaster was the one who kept screwing me over with random service charges, but then again most of the venues I attend sell through Ticketmaster. Still, the charges are ridiculous.
in my experience, live nation fees were significantly higher. like they doubled the price of the ticket. granted, i haven't bought from ticketmaster in over a year, and i really rarely use either
02:09 PM on 01/26/10
Image1080
User Info.
The Day Live Music died lol
02:31 PM on 01/26/10
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
I really don't think the fees will go up any higher. People hate the two sites as it is already. So is it really gonna be under one name or are they gonna keep it separate but owned by the same people?

not happy about this at all. Hopefully more venues start switching to ticketing companies that are not affiliated with Live Nation and Ticketmaster. 2 of my favorite venues already have

Unfortunately I've noticed a trend towards Live Nation/Ticketmaster in my area.
02:59 PM on 01/26/10
tarynnosaurus!
@tarynnjanine
User Info.
Man, fuck this. I'm so glad a lot of the bands I'm seeing are going through other sites, a friend of mine just payed almost $40 for a ticket that was originally supposed to be $25 through Ticketmaster. It's ridiculous!

service fees = no
03:03 PM on 01/26/10
truth or dare
don't just stare at it, eat it
User Info.
luckily the shows i go to aren't at ticketmaster/live nation venues, so suck it!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos