Username
Password
Money News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 69 of 69.
08:56 PM on 01/26/10
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
The two sites are going to merge within the next couple of months and the new company is going to be known as Live Nation Entertainment. The Ticketmaster name will be no more.
thanks friend
09:17 PM on 01/26/10
miltownrob
cottonheadedninnymuggins
User Info.
this is the beginning of the end of the industry
10:30 PM on 01/26/10
artistanonymous
User Info.
Good thing I just buy at the door for two dollars in fees instead of 15?
10:44 PM on 01/26/10
ianxcurtis
User Info.
I had accepted the high fees but this is just bullshit
04:33 AM on 01/27/10
piaffeprncess98
check out www.avoidthescene.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I paid $95 for two $33 tickets from Live Nation. There was a $12 service fee for each, plus other stuff tacked on. I could go to another show (not using TM/LN) for the price of one service fee.

This is awful news.
06:59 AM on 01/27/10
louiedee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The whole "only add $2 to the ticket price if you pick up at the venue" is bullshit with this whole Livenation/Ticketmaster merger. I just recently bought my Take Action tour ticket (advertised as $12.65 GA advanced ticket) and my Dashboard ticket (advertised as $23.25 GA advanced ticket) both at the House of Blues (Orlando) and it you only add $2 for the "venue charge" it would all add up to roughly $40. I was charged $49. It never use to be that way. When HOB was using ticketmaster, it was only a $2 charge. So in reality, this merger is hurting peoples pockets and could eventually boycott these venues (probably won't happen thou lol). I'm just putting in my 2 cents and my experience with this whole merger thing. It sucks. smaller venues ftw!
07:44 AM on 01/27/10
lauren1234
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm going to invest in Live Natin stock. Why not make money off the enemy? I should have bought some on Sunday when it was only $9 not $13, like it was yesterday when I checked. Fuck.
12:38 PM on 01/27/10
pnkhrdwndr
User Info.
how is that even possible? Have you never been to House of Blues or pretty much any other major arena or amphitheater?
I live in utah those places don't exist here, all the venues here are weird run-down buildings
03:27 PM on 01/27/10
Zachals
I can wait...
User Info.
Take a business class. Things work the opposite of this. COMPETITION makes prices go down. Companies compete for your business so they do what it takes to do that. Now that there's one giant company they can do whatever they want.
i was being sarcastic lol ... that's what the "ha" was for
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums