Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 145
08:59 AM on 01/27/10
RiskyXBandit
hakuna matata
User Info.
When it's all said and done, it's still the Alkaline Trio and I will love everything they put out.

I do enjoy the album. It's not great, it's not bad, it's just fine.

Does "Dead on the Floor" remind anyone else of "Southern Rock"? I seriously thought it was "Southern Rock" when the song came on due to the guitar intro haha
09:12 AM on 01/27/10
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
jesus, some of you are idiots. 75% is a very good score if you ask me.
09:24 AM on 01/27/10
adurna_isidar
User Info.
This album was pretty boring at times. I think it deserved the rating it got. Yes there are some great tracks but overall the album is par. Maybe it will grow on me... I hope so.
09:25 AM on 01/27/10
TopperHarley
User Info.
jesus, some of you are idiots. 75% is a very good score if you ask me.
Possibly. But not compared to the 92% that Motion City Soundtrack got for that steaming pile of shit they just put out.
09:31 AM on 01/27/10
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
honestly, i fell in love with the sound they produced on crimson. i think they were going somewhere (especially with that piano intro on time to waste)

but why would you go back and hold yourself back? this album isn't terrible but i'm just thinking how great it could have been, on agony & irony and this album, dan's songs have been my favourites
09:39 AM on 01/27/10
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Possibly. But not compared to the 92% that Motion City Soundtrack got for that steaming pile of shit they just put out.
Wrong. Both albums are good, but My Dinosaur Life is far and away the better album.
09:46 AM on 01/27/10
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Hey Drew, it's their 7th album, and the last time you mention The American Scream you called it American Dream. Just a heads up.
thanks
09:48 AM on 01/27/10
AllTimeSaruhh
User Info.
Alkaline Trio is one of my favorite bands. I don't really understand why most people aren't very excited for the album to come out. My friends who downloaded the leak think it's great. I'm excited for it.
Maybe you all should check out other bands if you don't like it :|
Like Alesana, The Emptiness came out yesterday and that's an amazing CD too. Repeat since yesterday morning.
09:54 AM on 01/27/10
fairweather002
man, Im buff
User Info.
I have loved everything this band releases, but I tend to play the older stuff more than say Crimson or A&I. I always secretly wished they would go back to their original style, whilst not holding my breath. This album is exactly what I was looking for. Ive noticed when bands say they are heading back in the studio to create something older, it tends to sound just like that. It comes off as an attempt rather than a naturally sounding "older" album. I believe Alkaline Trio nailed it on the head with this release, capturing the Goddammit days without a fake manufactured sound...IMO. I listened to the entire album and not one song disappointed. Awesome review as well!
09:58 AM on 01/27/10
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
I bet American Nightmare... err, I mean Give Up the Ghost, is mad Alkaline Trio bit off their album cover idea.

Good review, looking forward to giving this a spin.
09:59 AM on 01/27/10
ACA
Next Show: RIOT FEST CHICAGO!!!!!!!
User Info.
Probably the band's worst album and in no way deserving of praise.
10:06 AM on 01/27/10
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Well I like My Dinosaur Life better, and this is coming from a huge Alkaline Trio fan who doesn't really care for MCS.
I'm both a huge MCS and Alk3 Fan.
And I feel MDL is better than this addiction. But This Addiction wasn't too disappointing.
10:12 AM on 01/27/10
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.

i think MDL is a better record (it's still pretty bland save for a few songs) than the previous, but yeah, fuck 92%.
10:52 AM on 01/27/10
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.
I enjoy this very much so. Can't stop listening.
11:07 AM on 01/27/10
MSIndulgence
www.signaturemistakes.com
User Info.
Why didn't Fallon write the review for this one? This is rated criminally low.

My Dinosaur Life higher than this? You've gotta be kidding pal
Are you fucking kidding me? My Dinosaur Life is an awesome record. This Addiction is by far the worst album I have heard all year.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos